Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #1
ajkochev74

Drives: Yaris
ScanGauge Device Questions

I'm wondering if anyone has a ScanGauge permanently mounted in their Yaris, what model you have an how you like it. I love my Yaris but would love something that displays live RPMs and some other info as well.
ajkochev74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
NEexpat

Drives: 2009, auto, 4dr LB
UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge

UltraGauge*

*Not a paid spokesman for UltraGauge

Take a wild guess what I have. I bought it for the functionality, and almost as much for the display.

Take a look at it.

Good luck.
NEexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
ajkochev74

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEexpat View Post
UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge, UltraGauge

UltraGauge*

*Not a paid spokesman for UltraGauge

Take a wild guess what I have. I bought it for the functionality, and almost as much for the display.

Take a look at it.

Good luck.
Well, it does look nice and much cheaper than the Scangauge. A couple of questions, I'm not thrilled with having to use the suction cup arm. Could it be velcroed to the dash in some way? Can it read the Yaris Transmission temperature? Not necessarily a deal breakers but something I'd like. Anyone else use this? How is quality if left in the car in the hot summer sun or freezing winter? I live in Utah so I get both. Can you post a photo of it in your Yaris?
Old 10-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
NEexpat

Drives: 2009, auto, 4dr LB
I am not a fan of all the crap stuck on windshields etc.

My UltraGauge lives in my drivers side glove box along with my GPS. They sit in there all year long, lid closed when not in use. So far no problems. I bent a small piece of acrylic and mounted it with 3M all weather fasteners (Forget velcro these are great). I have a pic in a thread I started called "my view". Not sure how to link it here.

It also shows my RD mounted to the bottom of my RVM. No tell tale suction cups anywhere.

As far as transmission temp I don't know, I've never looked into it. Perhaps on their website. I think it can monitor 70+ functions.

I really enjoy it on long trip, monitoring intake temps, distance to empty etc. etc.

Hey, I am cheap bastid, I mean look at what I drive. It's $70

*I just checked the site no trans temp.
NEexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
UltraGauge does not do AT temperature. ScanGauge II can, but only by programming it as a custom X-Gauge.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
phaznet

Drives: '07 Yaris Sdn
If you have an android phone, you could purchase a cheap OBDii Bluetooth connector for around 15$. Cheaper.
phaznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
ajkochev74

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaznet View Post
If you have an android phone, you could purchase a cheap OBDii Bluetooth connector for around 15$. Cheaper.
I thought about this and it has possiblities. $15 BT OBD connector + $99 6 inch Kindle mounted to dash + $5 worth of OBD apps + $10 Misc. cables and USB power adapters to provide constant power the Kindle while driving. The kindle could have other uses in the car. I have an old phone with no service but works on wireless and BT still. Might get the adapter and see how it goes.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #8
MoneyT8

Drives: White Yaris Sedan
I have a scan gauge mounted on top of my steering wheel column and it's very useful.
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote