Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #55
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Very nice!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:29 PM   #56
xxcanuckxx

Drives: 2015 SE HB
Yeah, thanks for this! I feel like the community hasn't died, but is very stagnant right now... These posts help keep everyone excited about the car and what is possible.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
xxcanuckxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:59 PM   #57
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstyota View Post
So yea, the car is now plated and driving. Wow! I love the way it pulls! This engine should have been an option in North america!

All that's left to finish the build is a stereo. I have most of the components, just gotta get them installed. The a/c also needs to be refilled with refrigerant.

I didn't take many pics of the reassembly of the car. Its pretty basic stuff. One little surprise that wasn't mentioned in the first couple of posts I made for this thread is the full magnaflow mandrel bent 2&1/4" enhaust I installed with a new o2 sensor. If you plan in ordering this exhaust, make sure you get the one for the XD. The manifold flange is different size for the 1nz vs. The 2zr. The exhaust is otherwise the same and bolts right in. Even with the factory xd muffler and stock air box, it has a good sound.

I have brand new nitto neo tires in a 205/50/15 and it still breaks loose with no problem lol
NICE! I didn't clue in originally that it's an RS. Car looks AMAZZZZZING! Who did you get the Magnaflow from? I ordered one way back and paid for it, then they said it was unavailable. They had no idea when it would be in stock again. That was through TDot.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:07 AM   #58
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
I got it through tdot!
It ain't cheap but it's a nice piece. No regrets on that purchase

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #59
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstyota View Post
I got it through tdot!
It ain't cheap but it's a nice piece. No regrets on that purchase
Yeah, I really wanted it. It was something like $482.00 CAD through tDot and US suppliers had the same price, except in USD. I guess I'm ultimately glad I didn't buy it as I had to go up to 2.5" in the end. Actually, I bet the Magnaflow at 2.25" mandrel bent flows as good as or better than my crush bent 2.5" system. The Magnaflow is a very nice piece, for sure.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:47 PM   #60
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
SUBSCRIBED!

Actually been following this for more than three months, along with 06YarisRS's turbo install, and other things. I had issue with my account activation, created three different accounts, three different emails, I wasn't getting the email to fully activate it, but that's off topic.
Anyway, I've had private conversations with myfirstyota, he pointed out that the xD transmission indicated on his speedometer that he's going faster than his actual speed, right? Initially I had told him that he should have kept the Yaris tranny, he'd have better top speed with it, since I thought he was going for the "Porche" killer set up. LOL! But, he pointed out that keeping the xD tranny would be better, since you'd have better acceleration and better torque due to the 5th gear and final drive ratio difference compare to the stock Yaris transmission.
I too plan on doing this engine swap, and I'll be using the xD tranny as well. Right now I have 185/60R15 tires, and I'm going faster than what my speedometer is indicating, 2MPH difference. Speedo would say I'm going 20MPH, when I'm actually going 22 - 22.5MPH. So I'm hoping that the XD tranny would fix that issue at the same time.
Keep on wrenching everyone! We'll keep on watching and borrow your ideas.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:48 PM   #61
xxcanuckxx

Drives: 2015 SE HB
It's great to see all this stuff! Thanks guys for keeping the community alive!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
xxcanuckxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:13 PM   #62
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinris View Post
...Anyway, I've had private conversations with myfirstyota, he pointed out that the xD transmission indicated on his speedometer that he's going faster than his actual speed, right? Initially I had told him that he should have kept the Yaris tranny, he'd have better top speed with it, since I thought he was going for the "Porche" killer set up. LOL! But, he pointed out that keeping the xD tranny would be better, since you'd have better acceleration and better torque due to the 5th gear and final drive ratio difference compare to the stock Yaris transmission...
Don't forget, that's an Xd trans with a yaris speed sensor installed. The Xd gets it's speed signal from the abs I think

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote