Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
eeosman

Drives: 2007 5d yaris
Yaris and Viper 4204v remote start

Hello everybody. I want to install Viper 4204v remote start with keyless entry to 2007 hatch Yaris with immobilizer. Do i need a bypass module and whatelse may i need? Viper installer guide says it has trunk release feature, how i can do it? Although I am an electronics engineer i know nothing about car electric systems and wiring. Thank you.
eeosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
eeosman

It has factory alarm. how i can connect it?

https://www.google.com.tr/url?sa=t&r...41248874,d.d2k
Old 01-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Check out my remote start wiring DIY thread for info on installing a remote starter.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860

Are you sure that your car has the immobilizer, as it was not really common on US Yaris until 2009? If you do, then you definitely need a transponder key bypass module.

Also, are you sure that you have the factory alarm (you can tell for sure by looking behind the passenger glove box for the presence of a module mounted all the way to the right).
Old 01-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
eeosman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Check out my remote start wiring DIY thread for info on installing a remote starter.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860

Are you sure that your car has the immobilizer, as it was not really common on US Yaris until 2009? If you do, then you definitely need a transponder key bypass module.

Also, are you sure that you have the factory alarm (you can tell for sure by looking behind the passenger glove box for the presence of a module mounted all the way to the right).
Thank you. Sorry, did not state that it is a european model, assembled in France and there is nothing behind the glove box but it has factory alarm.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeosman View Post
Thank you. Sorry, did not state that it is a european model, assembled in France and there is nothing behind the glove box but it has factory alarm.
Do you have a European one in Clifton, New Jersey?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
eeosman

Quote:
Do you have a European one in Clifton, New Jersey?
I live in Clifton but now I am in Europe I am driving a Yaris in here for 3 months every year. So there are some differences.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I live in Clifton but now I am in Europe I am driving a Yaris in here for 3 months every year. So there are some differences.
That makes sense. There are fairly significant differences wiring-wise between French and Japanese built Yaris. I have the French wiring diagrams, so I can definitely assist.

First off:

Which engine does yours have (as that makes a difference harness wise)?

Is it key start, or keyless start?

If it is key start, is the ignition switch all metal or is just the part that turns with the key metal and the outer part black plastic?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
eeosman

Quote:
That makes sense. There are fairly significant differences wiring-wise between French and Japanese built Yaris. I have the French wiring diagrams, so I can definitely assist.

First off:

Which engine does yours have (as that makes a difference harness wise)?

Is it key start, or keyless start?

If it is key start, is the ignition switch all metal or is just the part that turns with the key metal and the outer part black plastic?
My engine is 2sz-fe 1.3 L. Ignition switch is partially plastic(outer part) with key start.

Last edited by eeosman; 01-22-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #9
eeosman

Thank you for wiring diagram I am appreciated.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
CTScott
ULTIMATE

OK - You will definitely need a transponder key bypass module. I used the Fortin KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL on my Yaris.

Also, before doing anything, make sure that you can kill the alarm by unlocking the door with the key (and without using the key fob). The Toyota OEM alarm does not have an input to disable it when remote starting (except by CAN Bus message), so you would have to rely on killing it by hitting the key unlock detect circuit.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
eeosman

Quote:
OK - You will definitely need a transponder key bypass module. I used the Fortin KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL on my Yaris.

Also, before doing anything, make sure that you can kill the alarm by unlocking the door with the key (and without using the key fob). The Toyota OEM alarm does not have an input to disable it when remote starting (except by CAN Bus message), so you would have to rely on killing it by hitting the key unlock detect circuit.
I only could find xpresskit pkall around here. I see several types of t-taps. Which one I should use?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I only could find xpresskit pkall around here. I see several types of t-taps. Which one I should use?
The xpresskit one is fine. For the t-taps, I always buy the 3M ones, but really any will do. In the case of remote starting a Yaris, all of the connections are relay coil side, rather than contact side, so it is all low current.

Did you test the key disabling the alarm?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
eeosman

Quote:
The xpresskit one is fine. For the t-taps, I always buy the 3M ones, but really any will do. In the case of remote starting a Yaris, all of the connections are relay coil side, rather than contact side, so it is all low current.

Did you test the key disabling the alarm?
I mean what gauge t-tap. Yeah I kill the alarm by pressing the unlock button on my key.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #14
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I mean what gauge t-tap. Yeah I kill the alarm by pressing the unlock button on my key.
You will need t-taps for 22-18 AWG wire.

With killing the alarm, you need to test by unlocking the door with sticking the key in the lock, as opposed to pressing the button on the the key. The button press goes through a way that the remote starter will not have access to.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #15
eeosman

Quote:
You will need t-taps for 22-18 AWG wire.

With killing the alarm, you need to test by unlocking the door with sticking the key in the lock, as opposed to pressing the button on the the key. The button press goes through a way that the remote starter will not have access to.
Non-remote car key can kill the alarm by unlocking doors. So does it mean that I can connect the oem alarm to the remote start?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Non-remote car key can kill the alarm by unlocking doors. So does it mean that I can connect the oem alarm to the remote start?
I believe so. Also, try getting in, locking the doors, arming the alarm, and then starting it to see if the alarm triggers.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #17
eeosman

Quote:
I believe so. Also, try getting in, locking the doors, arming the alarm, and then starting it to see if the alarm triggers.
It triggers at 'ON' position.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #18
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
It triggers at 'ON' position.
OK. So you would have to trigger the door key signal with the remote starter's "factory alarm disable" output to prevent that.