Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #55
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
...the retarded looking interior with the gauge cluster in the center instead of where it Should be
I do like the regular steering wheel centered gauges on my 2012... as well as the tach, time, temp, avg mileage, and average mph functions.

It would have been nice to have a engine temp gauge, though.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #56
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
I agree with you.

I much more like the cohesive consistent design of the 2nd gens over mine. The front end is too pointy, the top front hole is too small and doesn't match the bottom hole, and the bulbous taillights stick way out from the body line like they came off of a completely different vehicle... but the mechanical function of both are exactly the same so it's all good.
the front on the 2012 is way more agressive looking then earlier gens, the tails i actually like them because they look more modern with just the red and clear.

and that center gauge cluster, was probably one of the main reasons why i DIDN'T like the older gen. dont get wrong now, second gen is nice for what it is, but it seemed more like a chick car then anything.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #57
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
the front on the 2012 is way more agressive looking then earlier gens, the tails i actually like them because they look more modern with just the red and clear.

and that center gauge cluster, was probably one of the main reasons why i DIDN'T like the older gen. dont get wrong now, second gen is nice for what it is, but it seemed more like a chick car then anything.
not sure why you think girls going crazy over a car is a bad thing...
Old 05-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #58
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Real men don't care if others think they drive a "chick car"

My chick car is a 2008 and all the men that have commented on it have said how cool it looked. No one has said it looked like a chick car.

Must be a regional thing as I honestly hadn't heard the term until I joined YarisWorld.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #59
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post

My chick car is a 2008 and all the men that have commented on it have said how cool it looked. No one has said it looked like a chick car.

Must be a regional thing as I honestly hadn't heard the term until I joined YarisWorld.
I think it's more of a West Coast thing.

The front of 2nd gens had more of the Audi A2 look...

...which I really like over the new style. And while the new front may be more "agressive" looking, I honestly can't find very much agression in a 100 horspower transportation vehicle.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #60
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
not sure why you think girls going crazy over a car is a bad thing...
never said they were going crazy, here in south florida i tend to see quite a quite a few female drivers driving the second gen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post

don't get me wrong now, i dont mind the second gen, they look pretty nice when their hooked up. nice wheels, drop, hatch wing... but when i see them driving around dented, or with a hacked up spray painted flat black headlights, im just like (sigh) im merely stating what i see on a regular basis, i see ALOT of women driving the older gen.

yes i know, wait until the 3rd becomes more known of and popular then you'll see women driving them as wel. For the 5 months of me owning this third gen i've seen nothing but women driving the second gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
I think it's more of a West Coast thing.

The front of 2nd gens had more of the Audi A2 look...

...which I really like over the new style. And while the new front may be more "agressive" looking, I honestly can't find very much agression in a 100 horspower transportation vehicle.
but you find the second gen more luxurious and euro tuner looking and are comparing it to an Audi???

when in all reality its the same car just with a different front and and redid interior...
Old 05-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #61
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
they go crazy for my Yaris. The girls I know just love my car. That is what I mean. I'm not the only one reporting that benefit either.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #62
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
they go crazy for my Yaris. The girls I know just love my car. That is what I mean. I'm not the only one reporting that benefit either.
well i need to start calling you Charlie sheen, because you are the man, and you stay winning
Old 01-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #63
mirapatec

Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB
Even with the 2013 models out and about, I see very few Yaris models in general. I am still fond of the Gen 2 models even though I own a Gen 3.

mirapatec is offline   Reply With Quote