Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-02-2012, 03:13 AM   #37
skuzzlebutt5

Drives: '12 Yaris SE Classic Silver AT
LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!

Was driving home at around 2pm on the 29th when I came across this Super White SE!!!

I stopped next to them and snapped this photo but they were mean muggin like crazy. I waved and drove away afterwards... lol

This is the first '12 model of any trim level I've seen in the Bay Area.

I'm not alone...
skuzzlebutt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #38
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
nice !!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #39
scene

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 1.5L, 4D
the 2010 yaris is the best yaris bro, that is why!
scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #40
403RS
#yyc

Drives: BSP '07 RS 5dr LB
Finally spotted my first '12 in the wild!

However it was an old lady in an LE, hahaha. :(
403RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #41
Ladbrox

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2012
Here in Sweden I've seen 5 , excluding my own white beauty ;)

But the salesman told me they had sold a lot of ´12ers

Last edited by Ladbrox; 03-19-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Edited the salesman post, for no extra reply
Ladbrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #42
Vail

Drives: Yaris MY 2012 1.3 Style
Now I'm in Dubai and this place is full of new Yaris!!

In Italy new Yaris are proliferating like mushrooms and we're full of old version ones (sedan is not existing in Italy and I've never seen it in other part of Europe).

To be honest speaking about the shape and the design I like only current version but IMHO the best and innovative solution speaking about size, sliding back seats and space optimization was on my mom's Yaris first series and our series lost lot's of this quality.. Anyway what this new little toy offers is still great and match what I was looking on a car in this moment!!
Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #43
shibasmith

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE 5-speed
I'm in the bay area and there are two other owners in my area that I have already been seeing for several months. Both have SEs like mine. One is the dark gray, the other is the bright blue color that I sometimes think I should have got instead of the red, which is what I have.
But then I see my car again and the "blue" thoughts disappear in a flash. :)
shibasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #44
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
After reading post #14 on this thread, my brain started whirring thinking about regulation. I wonder what percentage of the cost of the average US spec Yaris is attributable to US Government regulation that is not required in other countries, and which different ratios would apply to which other countries? I was going to type other similar countries, but is any other country really similar to the US when it comes to driving? I have driven in Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, Italy, and Sweden (and have observed people driving in many other countries) and the overall experience in the US is still quite unique to me (and yes I know that Great Britain does include Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland, and England). I heard recently that if you take the profit Exxon Mobil made last quarter and figure it on a per gallon sold basis and then take the average gas taxes paid per gallon in the US, that the average per gallon tax amount is double that of Exxon Mobil's profit per gallon....although in many countries in Europe that ratio would be even more pronounced re taxes. Would the the percentage cost of government regulation be lower in some countries in Asia and even elsewhere? Not questions that can be answered without research and the proper data. I wonder if any think tank or research organization has done any research along these lines, although a smart blogger might be able to pull the information together. The clamor for less US Government regulation by many people certainly makes the subject topical. I would think other similar cars would likely be included in any research done by a non Toyota or non Toyota sponsored entity.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #45
carolinablue

Drives: 2012
Yari were a rarity when I first purchased my 2007 as well.

Last edited by carolinablue; 05-15-2012 at 07:38 PM.
carolinablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #46
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
I've seen plenty of older Yaris's, but no 2012's so far...

The older body style is far nicer looking than mine, but I count myself lucky to have gotten a manual transmission 2 door as it was only one of three in the state at the time.

Paid $16,600 out the door with air conditioning, 4 speaker CD/USB/radio, tachometer, floor and cargo carpet mats, and including 8.75% state sales tax. I paid in full in cash on the spot, which made the finance guy nervous.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:12 AM   #47
Micropurchase

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
We are definitely very few. I have only seen about 8 other '12s (mostly SEs) since purchasing mine 6 months ago. All seen in the Bay Area. The dealerships don't seem to stock very many Yari and Toyota doesn't advertise them.
Micropurchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #48
TPA5
Wait, what?

Drives: NULL
I bought one of the first 3 my local dealer got. Since the city I bought it in only has 13k people, and the largest city is only 700k, I haven't seen any others yet. I feel special.
TPA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #49
CPALK719

i just recently, say about a week ago saw a red 3 door, and thats about it. here in the south florida they aren't abundant yet. i always see the second gen nonstop though, and i guess thats better for the 3rd gen owners, considering this car isn't all over.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #50
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
this is the only one I have seen this year. :D

but I take it on here doesn't count
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #51
Delfire
Quebec greekster

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Depends were you from; I guess Quebec in Canada is testing ground for small cars as is California in the states. Ive seen quite a few of the new Yarises here. but truth be said... Im sorry for a few they are soo fugly. Dont take me wrong the front is deliciously well designed, but from the front wheel to back... BEURK. I went i saw it... it didnt pass. Missing soo much, missing the 3 extra lil storage. In the back missing the very ergonomic storage in the trunk, and now it has a cheap thin plastic for a deck. I mean so what if it has as many as airbags as the european Yaris'es always had. And inside.. sorry but it looks as cheap as an Aveo. They even took away the sub blockers that were stronger with the extra sliding part. I mean coooome ooon for a next Gen it should have been better. I love Mine first time i drove a Yaris was in '98 , rental in Greece, and then again in '03 in Spain and in '11 rented and used it a dune buggy in Australia, lol.
Mine is a 1.5 RS 2006, I was on of the 2 first to own one in Quebec, Yess seemed I WANTED badly this car. Oh ive tested out the IQ. which for its confined space.. id rather have that than the new Yaris.... fuuuugly.
Delfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #52
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
After reading post #14 on this thread, my brain started whirring thinking about regulation. I wonder what percentage of the cost of the average US spec Yaris is attributable to US Government regulation that is not required in other countries, and which different ratios would apply to which other countries? I was going to type other similar countries, but is any other country really similar to the US when it comes to driving? I have driven in Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, Italy, and Sweden (and have observed people driving in many other countries) and the overall experience in the US is still quite unique to me (and yes I know that Great Britain does include Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland, and England). I heard recently that if you take the profit Exxon Mobil made last quarter and figure it on a per gallon sold basis and then take the average gas taxes paid per gallon in the US, that the average per gallon tax amount is double that of Exxon Mobil's profit per gallon....although in many countries in Europe that ratio would be even more pronounced re taxes. Would the the percentage cost of government regulation be lower in some countries in Asia and even elsewhere? Not questions that can be answered without research and the proper data. I wonder if any think tank or research organization has done any research along these lines, although a smart blogger might be able to pull the information together. The clamor for less US Government regulation by many people certainly makes the subject topical. I would think other similar cars would likely be included in any research done by a non Toyota or non Toyota sponsored entity.
this discussion really would deserve its own thread. Government regulation is a gigantic expense to all businesses, but especially larger companies that do business in many different markets.

In all reality, any car that is legal to drive in Canada, the UK, france, germany, and Japan, and some of the other crazy government safety regulation countries should be legal to drive in the US.

However the US is a bit insane. Especially when their safety test involves a Toyota Land Cruiser running through everything. Or over it, repeatedly, in some micro car cases.

Plus the US has the highest bumper standards still, i believe.

Not to mention purposefully creating laws that use differing methods than the entire world just to be different.

Now as to driving experience, I have nothing to compare to, as I've never driven a car outside the US.

And then there is gas mileage. Cafe standards are flat out dumb. Especially with the insane safety standards. Between the two a lot of the increase in automobile prices can be found. Only in a handful of vehicles, most not sold here, do you see any real improvement in gas mileage over the decades. Mostly because idiotic safety standards have increased the weight of the cars dramatically.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #53
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfire View Post
Depends were you from; I guess Quebec in Canada is testing ground for small cars as is California in the states. Ive seen quite a few of the new Yarises here. but truth be said... Im sorry for a few they are soo fugly. Dont take me wrong the front is deliciously well designed, but from the front wheel to back... BEURK. I went i saw it... it didnt pass. Missing soo much, missing the 3 extra lil storage. In the back missing the very ergonomic storage in the trunk, and now it has a cheap thin plastic for a deck. I mean so what if it has as many as airbags as the european Yaris'es always had. And inside.. sorry but it looks as cheap as an Aveo. They even took away the sub blockers that were stronger with the extra sliding part. I mean coooome ooon for a next Gen it should have been better. I love Mine first time i drove a Yaris was in '98 , rental in Greece, and then again in '03 in Spain and in '11 rented and used it a dune buggy in Australia, lol.
Mine is a 1.5 RS 2006, I was on of the 2 first to own one in Quebec, Yess seemed I WANTED badly this car. Oh ive tested out the IQ. which for its confined space.. id rather have that than the new Yaris.... fuuuugly.
Why would you come into the third gen section and bash on our car ??? ignorance is bliss here in yarisworld i've come to find out.

if you like the cutesy look of your second gen and the retarded looking interior with the gauge cluster in the center instead of where it Should be, then its obvious which gen you like but keep your negative comments to yourself.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #54
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfire View Post
I agree with you.

I much more like the cohesive consistent design of the 2nd gens over mine. The front end is too pointy, the top front hole is too small and doesn't match the bottom hole, and the bulbous taillights stick way out from the body line like they came off of a completely different vehicle... but the mechanical function of both are exactly the same so it's all good.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote