Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #15
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Sound-speaker guru needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
I'm not an audio engineer, so I won't try to argue on your speciality. I agree with you that you can only get better sound by using better speakers, that's a fact.

As you pointed, if your end goal isn't to reach a nice and deep sound experience inside your car (boomy and clear, without going crazy expensive or comp level), then swapping two of the 4 doors speakers with mid bass ones and wiring them in parallel with the front speakers to help drive them to a better output level (if desired/needed) and using the front door speakers as mid range, and tweeter up front, then properly tweaking the signal sent to each speaker by using the head unit settings and physical crossovers could get you a nice sound for cheap. However you may not be able to recreate that level of sound clarity when you start driving on the free way due to road noise and poorly sound proofing of the Yaris. Even with my setup you can start loosing some of the end of both high and low range with you drive past 100km/h. That's why sound proofing would help a lot too.

Did you upgraded the door speaker wiring when you changed the speakers ?

No I didn't. I only changed the adapters to fit my new speakers. Should I change them? Will I have better results ? And how do I do that?
That what I thought about it too. I thought of putting the front new speakers to the rear and in the from I can pick a pair of components and place them there.
And then I will have to do smth with the soundproof. The noico sheets I found might do the work.
Also, is there any different between component speaker and the bass speakers? Or they are the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by miiser; 03-05-2017 at 06:59 PM.
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote