Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
Replacement Fuses

Does anyone know where to get replacement fuses? I know there are some extras in the fuse box, but there is only one of each type. I would like to have more spares on hand. The tiny 15A (blue), 10A (red), 20 (yellow), 30A (green) etc etc are custom size for Toyota. Other than Toyota dealers (even they don't stock them and have to order them in), I'd like to find alternative, cheaper soruces for the fuses.
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #2
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
I think I found what I was looking for. The fuses are called low-profile mini fuses, or mini mini fuses.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/LOW-PROFILE-MINI-...1%7C240%3A1318

Hope this helps.
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
i got a box today at autozone.. i blew a fuse installing another 12v lighter in the armrest.. i'll post some pics tomorrow :)

i crossed the wires lol.. all is well now :)

Got sick of the ipod being plug in on both sides of the shifter (power on one aux on the other)
Old 12-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
PatrickJohnson

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyGiant View Post
i got a box today at autozone.. i blew a fuse installing another 12v lighter in the armrest.. i'll post some pics tomorrow :)

i crossed the wires lol.. all is well now :)

Got sick of the ipod being plug in on both sides of the shifter (power on one aux on the other)
Where was this fuse? I've been looking for my radio and cig fuses for days. I've checked the fuse block in the engine compartment and there is a scant one under the sunglass holder. i have a liftback. THe manual lists "type a" and "type b" configurations. which is which? how do i know? so far it appears my engine compartment is laid out type a but the fuse panel under the driver's side sunglass holder is type b?!?!?
PatrickJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #5
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
it was under the sunglasses holder tray.. or my pen and deodorant compartment

i every yaris has the in the cabin one that you called type b .. there should be a diagram of the location in the manual .. i forget which it was but ifound it right away in the manual.. or just take the plate off the fuse box and it says what each fuse does
Old 12-30-2008, 12:53 AM   #6
PatrickJohnson

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyGiant View Post
it was under the sunglasses holder tray.. or my pen and deodorant compartment

i every yaris has the in the cabin one that you called type b .. there should be a diagram of the location in the manual .. i forget which it was but ifound it right away in the manual.. or just take the plate off the fuse box and it says what each fuse does
i found it. basically, there is one panel right behind the sunglass holder, and then if you get underneath the dash to see the underside of that panel, you will see the panel i needed. there are basically 3 fuse panels (at least in the 08 LB):

1) engine compartment next to the battery
2) behind the sunglass holder (pull it out)
3) under the dash directly under the sunglass holder
PatrickJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:15 AM   #7
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorite_Marty View Post
Does anyone know where to get replacement fuses? I know there are some extras in the fuse box, but there is only one of each type. I would like to have more spares on hand. The tiny 15A (blue), 10A (red), 20 (yellow), 30A (green) etc etc are custom size for Toyota. Other than Toyota dealers (even they don't stock them and have to order them in), I'd like to find alternative, cheaper soruces for the fuses.
Ant auto parts store. I was able to get a varity pack at Harbor Frieght real cheap.