Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
My BestBuy Experience

On Friday, I was listening to music in my car without it running, waiting for my friend when I noticed that there was something that sounded a little odd. So I adjusted the deck to go to each speaker individually and found that the front driver-side speaker was scratchy. Yesterday it was nice out so while I was bored at the shop, I took my deck out to check the wires. They were fine. I then took the door panel off to check the speaker wires. As I was putting the electrical tape back onto the second wire, I looked down at the speaker itself and noticed a slice right across the rubber surround. I looked closer to see a gash in the hard plastic right next to it as if it had been done with a screw driver or something like that. So the guy at BestBuy who did the install had done it... After taking the speaker out, I noticed that on top of that, the magnet was too big and my window was actually hitting it when it would roll down. There was a dent scratched into the magnet from the window glass. Lucky the window didn't hit it and shatter.

So I bought a new set of speakers that were more shallow as to not hit the window. Installed the driver-side one, tested good. After installing the passenger-side one, I picked up the old speaker to find that he had done the same to that speaker too! The damage was only half across the rubber surround so it was still "working". I can't believe the guy would do that. And he should have known about the window thing if this is what he does for a living. All just to make the sale. I'm highly unimpressed.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
==============================
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
==============================
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote