Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
bad
Winterizing

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Noob trying to mod

Hello all,
Ok weather and day off today soo...
I'm about to attempt to install cruise control and a remote start/keyless entry today using CTScott's DIYs. Wish me luck. I will check here again to see if anyone suggested anything while I was out there working.
Thanks.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
subscribed!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
bad
Winterizing

(Not paying much attention to remote start stuff but searching for how to drill hole for stalk now. I got the wheel boss off the wheel. It was hard to get that wheel off.)
Old 11-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
bad
Winterizing

Cruise control is coming along well. I am on step 3.15.

But oh boy ... the remote start wiring guide is useful... but not as nice as this cruise control diy procedure Scott made. I am going to probably just try to make sense of it with the short manual my remote start came with tonight... and I'll try to read over what others posted in that wiring guide thread.

If anyone has any advice or knows of a nice procedure for remote start diy please let me know.

I am installing a crimestopper remote start/keyless entry.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
My Remote Start guide assumes that anyone attempting to install it has some good knowledge of automotive electrical work.

With the cruise control, you didn't actually need to remove the lower boss to drill the stalk hole. You can mark the center from the measurements in my guide, and drill it mounted. Low drill speed with a paddle bit or hole saw, with a cloth underneath to catch the plastic shavings is the way to go.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #6
bad
Winterizing

Thanks Scott, you are right that probably would've been better. But I did take it off and drilled it outside which wasn't too bad. I got CC installed. Took about 5 hours (taking my time.) I'll test it tomorrow after I / if I install remote start. I'm spending tonight planning how to install the remote start by reading up on threads and the wire guide and the remote start manual.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
What remote starter did you end up buying? If you can post a scan of the pages with the connector wire colors and functions, it will make it easier to help if you run into questions.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
bad
Winterizing

ok i'm gonna do that now
Old 11-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
bad
Winterizing

I got crimestopper rs 4g2
Old 11-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
bad
Winterizing

my computer and my scanner are acting up... I can't upload a picture into my albums with my mom's computer because of some sort of security token i don't have... this looks like I will not do this today.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #11
bad
Winterizing

Here is a thread about when I finally did the remote start
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47992
Old 12-19-2014, 08:36 AM   #12
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
definitely following. I'm interested in installing Scott's CC and the keyless entry is something I would like to do as well. The thing is, I don't have a lot of knowledge of a car's electrical system. Let me know how you found the keyless install.

Anyone had a good link to learn info regarding the electrical systems in a car? For those of you that have installed a key less entry remote (without starter) where did you purchase it from/where would you recommend purchasing one from?
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #13
bad
Winterizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
definitely following. I'm interested in installing Scott's CC and the keyless entry is something I would like to do as well. The thing is, I don't have a lot of knowledge of a car's electrical system. Let me know how you found the keyless install.

Anyone had a good link to learn info regarding the electrical systems in a car? For those of you that have installed a key less entry remote (without starter) where did you purchase it from/where would you recommend purchasing one from?
Hey I just wanted to say that I also have no experience working with a car's electrical system. I am experienced in soldering, crimping, dressing, and heat shrinking wires though.

I bought the remote starter with keyless entry for approximately $36 off of amazon. Crimestopper. See my other thread, listed in this thread above. CTScott told me what wire goes where based on the booklet pictures I uploaded.

It took me about 15 hours to complete the install. When I was done I had both remote start and keyless entry. I think you might as well do both because they are right there together.

Do yourself a favor and install CTScott's CC first. Then when you install the remote start/keyless entry refer to his CC instructions on a few parts such as going from behind the glove box to under the hood throught a knife hole.

One other thing; you need a car that already has power locks to make this as easy as mine was. If you have manual locks you'll have to work harder on finding more parts, and probably taking more panels off.