Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Changing LED's In Projector Head Lights

a year ago i picked up the projector head lights from depo auto. then a few months after i had them i hit a deer and the body shop replaced ONLY the passenger side head light. and they replaced it with a head light from depo that had white/halogen leds int the halos, and my driver side still had blue leds in the halos.

this has bothered the shit out of me. and i emailed depo several times to see if i could order just the passenger side head light with blue leds, andfor whatever reason, i dont know if it was me not following up on the issue or if it was depos fault, this didnt get sorted out the way it should have.

so i just emailed them again about it trying to get another blue one.

but if it doesnt work out i'm considering changing the leds myself but instead of blue i want to change them to red.

never done this before i'm sure it will involve soldering where the leds are inside the halos. not sure about the rest of the work or how to open the head lights but i'm sure it wouldnt be too difficult.

any insight please?

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote