Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
RocknRollRon

Drives: '07 Yaris LB, White (The Egg)
Looking for the Toyota Fog Light install

Does anyone out there have a copy of Toyota's offical install directions for the factory fog light accessory?

I'd like to stay as true to the factory install as possible. I tried looking through tundrasolutions.com but didn't find a match...closest was the Matrix instructions... :-(

A pdf copy would be much appreciated...
Old 08-04-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
DMart
same amount of posts lol

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic LB
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=foglights
this is what everyone here has done, including myself...works perfect, no problems
DMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #3
RocknRollRon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMart View Post
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=foglights
this is what everyone here has done, including myself...works perfect, no problems
Thanks...already saw this and it looks great but i'd like to get my hands on the toyota install instructions if possible...call me anal...lol
Old 08-05-2007, 12:02 AM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
ok... you're anal. (oh wow, I said "anal"). LOL
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #5
meteoriteyaris

Drives: 2007 Meteorite metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRollRon View Post
Thanks...already saw this and it looks great but i'd like to get my hands on the toyota install instructions if possible...call me anal...lol
I agree. I've been reading all the posts on the OEM fog lights that everyone is installing, but they are not using the factory wiring harness. I'd think they are all wired for fog lights at the factory so the dealer can add them later. We need to see the factory connect points so the installation would be a lot faster/easier plug-n-play instead of running another harness inside. Any Toyota techs out there that's done this upgrade?
meteoriteyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 AM   #6
DMart
same amount of posts lol

with the fogs i had i couldn't use the clips didn't have anywhere to connect to on the car, i guess b/c i don't have any power options, or maybe its just a u.s. thing??? i looked all over in there for a factory wires for fogs to just plug-n-play but didn't find any...
Old 08-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #7
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
I found where just just plug the wires in..... how come every one else could not? I got the same ebay kit everyone else did.... well the one from Jimcat...
Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #8
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Old 08-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #9
Black Yaris
der Zeck

BTW I am extrememly anal retentave as well, and that is why I did my install as pictured above... I wanted the wires to look as stock as possible and I ran them as I thought the factory would, well with what I had to work with...

also I removed the DRL bracket (since I disabled them a long time ago) and mounted my foglamp relay there, and used one of the dash braces for the ground.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:43 PM   #10
meteoriteyaris

Drives: 2007 Meteorite metallic
OK, I haven't received my fogs yet, but I assume they'll be the same as everyone else's even if I didn't buy them from Jimcat (it still says OEM and got them off ebay). I had the front clip off to install a tow-plate (I'm going to tow it behind my motorhome...yes, Toyota says it's OK right in the manual (5-speed LB)) and saw a lot of wires under there not connected to anything, so I assumed the harness was there to plug into. However, everyone on here seemed to go right to running the new harness and I kept reading the posts and wondering if they were missing something. Ok, Black Yaris, you say the wiring (U.S. car) IS all there and you just plugged in, right? HOw about the switch, is there a plug-in under the console? Where did you find that junction block you plugged your wires into? Wasn't there factory plugs for everything? I'm still confused. You say you were able to do what no one else has done, but it still looks like you had to run some wires somewhere. How about a better explanation, maybe pictures?
meteoriteyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
RocknRollRon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
Ok Black Yaris: I'm electrically challenged and don't know the location of you pic. Please describe location...thanks

Jimcat's fog lights are due here this week...I'm not in a hurry to install them so I'd like to gather all my options first - including seeing the dealer install directions...doesn't anyone out there have a copy!!!?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 AM   #12
Black Yaris
der Zeck

OK RocknRoll..... That picture is taken from the the area behind the change tray that pulls out rught under the cup holder on the drivers side, the whole tray will pop out and you will see what I have pictured... now you will have the white wire and red wire as part of your fog lamp kit, but they will have the wrong plastic connectors on them, so you need to take the wire and pin out of the connectors, and place the white one where I have pictured and slide the red one into the existing connector as I have pictured..... this will make it so your lamps will only be on when your ign is on, so it will never drain your battery
Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 AM   #13
DMart
same amount of posts lol

i wish i would've done that instead of tapping into the outlet in the car...
Old 08-07-2007, 01:42 AM   #14
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMart View Post
i wish i would've done that instead of tapping into the outlet in the car...
I try and do things with out damaging my car first.... if I would have had to splice, I would had..... but I would have tried a bunch of alteratives first
Old 08-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #15
DMart
same amount of posts lol

lol, yeah, thats smart....i'm a rookie tho...lots to learn...
Old 08-07-2007, 06:29 AM   #16
RocknRollRon

Thanks Black Yaris for your help. I also found the drawings and electrical diagrams in the downloaded manuals. Luckily I know someone at work to help me through understanding them....

In one of the diagrams it shows a connector to the right of the module you have pictured. It is labeled for the foglights! Is this the ACTUAL place the Toyota lights would plug in with the right connectors? If so, is there a connector that can be beg, borrowed, or stolen to make Jimcat's unit plug right in?

(Still searching for the offical Toyota install on the Fog Lights)
This is a challenge to my fellow members...can you obtain a copy?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #17
Black Yaris
der Zeck

you will just have to buy a set of accessory Toyota fog lamps photo copy the instructions and return them the same day, and say someone already bought them for you or something
Old 08-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #18
the_boss

Drives: 07 YARIS HATCH 5 DOOR
Send a message via MSN to the_boss
and paste a copy in here so we can all look at it!
the_boss is offline   Reply With Quote