Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-06-2023, 03:52 PM   #559
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desircustoms View Post
Great to hear, looking forward to see how much hp after your next tune...
I'm still debating if I should get the ecumaster before I go dyno tune it. They charge 800$, don't want to go more than twice there; once for stock internal tune, 2nd time if if I ever decide to build a forged internal motor.
Still having issues with my tune, it was fine until I unplugged the battery last week, and now, none of .cal files seems to be running good.
Nonetheless I'm still going to keep this yaris project going, I've found another yaris rs, with no rust for 1100, two summers ago, and a c60 transmission from the scrap yard.
Looooong time no talk. How are things? Been enjoying my car this summer. More driving than wrenching. haha. I received my dongle a couple of days ago. It unlocks ECU Flash so that I can have my remote stock ECU tuning session with dynocenterpr. A buddy of mine from Instagram has been after me for a while to do this. He had his boosted xD stock ECU tuned and I guess it's great. He had all kinds of issues with the F/IC and had this guy tune it. Guess it runs like stock, but nice and rich in boost. He's running 9.5 psi and a friend of his 13 psi on the stock 2zr with zero issues apparently. Check out:
https://www.instagram.com/dynocenterpr/

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 07:52 PM   #560
Desircustoms

Drives: 06 Yaris RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Looooong time no talk. How are things? Been enjoying my car this summer. More driving than wrenching. haha. I received my dongle a couple of days ago. It unlocks ECU Flash so that I can have my remote stock ECU tuning session with dynocenterpr. A buddy of mine from Instagram has been after me for a while to do this. He had his boosted xD stock ECU tuned and I guess it's great. He had all kinds of issues with the F/IC and had this guy tune it. Guess it runs like stock, but nice and rich in boost. He's running 9.5 psi and a friend of his 13 psi on the stock 2zr with zero issues apparently. Check out:

Great news, nice to hear from you. I've been busy, still daily driving the rusty turbo project, I'm overdue for a real tune, I might try them, it seems like the best solution! Let me know how the remote tuning session goes.
Desircustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 06:04 PM   #561
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post

What is this dongle you speak of??! Please do tell...
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 07:57 AM   #562
opisula
I've made a post!

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to opisula Send a message via Yahoo to opisula
How has your summer driving experience been with the turbo project, and are you considering the remote tuning session with dynocenterpr for your boosted xD? Also, for those intrigued, can you share more about the dongle and its role in unlocking ECU Flash for remote tuning sessions?
opisula is offline   Reply With Quote