Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
nirusan

Drives: 2000 echo racecar
intake q's

hi friends

my ice race car sounds like a vacuum cleaner nad i need to get an intake. it seems like weapon r and weapon r and aem are good choices but are many hundreds of dollars. i'm thinking perhaps maybe of a cheap ebay short ram alternative/? does ayone know of one that works well at a low cost price?

due to the nature of ice racing wih collisions with snobanks and other humans i would like to have a short ram setup and not cold air in the front bumper

help is appreicated
nirusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
nirusan

also for exhaust, am i correct in assuming that the main cat is part of the header and the secondary cat is the 'downpipe'?

i want to get straight through exhaust off of the header )maintaining main cat), to keep noise levles down. i like to have a loud race car but 10 minutes of a steroid bees nest gives me a headache.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #3
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
I'm of the opinion that as long as the filter is good, and the intake's inner surface is smooth, it really doesn't matter who makes it.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
nirusan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrivent View Post
I'm of the opinion that as long as the filter is good, and the intake's inner surface is smooth, it really doesn't matter who makes it.
i agree

do you have a generic style of intake? and if so, where did you get it? I'm not having much luck on ebay where I would uusally find such an item
Old 11-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
mine is actually.. I don't even remember anymore. It's an aluminum CAI. It might be a Fujita, but honestly I have no clue. The previous owner painted TRD on it.

I quickly googled some short rams on ebay and wow they're expensive. I would, if i had the skill and resources, grab a cone filter, and ask a machine shop to bend a 2.25" (I think that's the diameter?) tube and then just turn that into a SRI.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
nirusan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrivent View Post
mine is actually.. I don't even remember anymore. It's an aluminum CAI. It might be a Fujita, but honestly I have no clue. The previous owner painted TRD on it.

I quickly googled some short rams on ebay and wow they're expensive. I would, if i had the skill and resources, grab a cone filter, and ask a machine shop to bend a 2.25" (I think that's the diameter?) tube and then just turn that into a SRI.
yes they are very $dubai money

i think i may broaden the search to be looking at perhaps Scion Xa items