Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
HDS

Drives: 2007 Yaris, 1991 Trans Am GTA
How to empty the tank on a Yaris!

Help! I just come from the gas station, I started filling the car up as usual and after 10 liters (maybe 2-3 gallons) I noticed I was holding the gas line and not the diesel! I stopped at once and pushed the car into a parking space and went home. Fortunately I live only a kilometer or so away (maybe half a mile).

Now what should I do? I need to get the fuel out, I've heard some gas tanks might have a plug on the bottom for this, does the Yaris do this? Or will I have to pump it out?

How important is it to get all the gas away, I mean if I get most of it and there's like 1 liter out of 40 that is gasoline, is that still too much?

God d***it don't think about other stuff when you are filling up people.
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote