Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
LED'n it out (warning...big pics)

finally got around to replacing all my bulbs to LED bulbs. Dome Light, Map Lights, Parking Lights, License Plate Light, A/C Knobs, Shifter bulb (yes i have an automatic lol).
here is a few pics...
Attached Images

Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Looks good. I swapped out my temp/ac/fan knobs with White LED's to match my new gauge cluster and I enjoy that as well. Your red ones look good though.
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
advocate

Drives: car
Definitely need to get on this.

Link to DIY / where to buy?
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Drives: 2003 Echo Coupe
How did you do this?
Emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
custom Lftback

Advocate: here is the diy for the knobs: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2275&
the only thing different is that you don't have to mess with the original bulb base. You can buy led's that are direct swap out. I bought the knob LEDs and the shifter LED at autolumination.com. Get the NEO-wedge led bulbs type B for the knobs.
The map lights, parking lights, license plate light, even the side
marker bulbs are all the typical wedge based bulbs. I got those from superbrightleds.com.

Emerge: search for Diy's for the different applications and you will find plenty with pictures and great help to get it all done without rippin your hair out in the process lol.
Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
Old 05-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
looks great, i thought about doing this but was waiting to see someone else's pics of it for one reason... is it the camera that doesn't let it show up or when you change the bulbs do the blue dashes for the AC no longer light up? every picture i've seen of the bulb swaps no longer has any cold air dashes. other than that i love it and really like the red!!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #7
custom Lftback

Yeah I am trying to figure out why the blue doesn't light up anymore. Not sure why a bulb swap would mess with that but who knows. Not that i really need it anyways, it shows the heat and plus it has the indicator on the dial that shows where you have it set at.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #8
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
that looks awesome.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
custom Lftback

Thanks!!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:41 AM   #10
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Drives: 2003 Echo Coupe
I went to Osram Sylvania Lamp Replacement Guide and this is what it says

Code:
2003 TOYOTA Echo

High & low beam headlamp
9003/HB2
9003SU SilverStar Ultra: The brightest and whitest light. Up to 50% brighter, up to 40% more downroad visibility and up to 50% more sideroad visibility.
9003ST Silverstar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.
9003EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice. Save Energy - Save Money. Up to 25% brighter light. CO2 reduced 9 to 21%. Gas savings $2 to $19.
9003XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9003CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

Parking light
1157A
1157ALL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Front turn signal
1157A
1157ALL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Rear turn signal
7440ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
7440LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Tail light
7443LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Stop light
7443LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

High mount stop light
921ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
921LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Fog/Driving light
9006SU SilverStar Ultra: The brightest and whitest light. Up to 50% brighter, up to 40% more downroad visibility and up to 50% more sideroad visibility.
9006ST Silverstar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.
9006EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice. Save Energy - Save Money. Up to 25% brighter light. CO2 reduced 9 to 21%. Gas savings $2 to $19.
9006XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.
9006CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

License plate
2825LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Back up light
7440ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
7440LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Front sidemarker
1157A

Rear sidemarker
2825LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Dome light
DE3175
DE3175LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Trunk/Cargo area
194LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

I don't get it though. :(
Emerge is offline   Reply With Quote