Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
kennywhy

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Yaris Liftback side molding from Canada

Hi everyone.
I'm new to your forum.
I've been wanting to get side molding for my Yaris Liftback. Just south (yes, south) of the U.S. border from me, here in Detroit, Michigan is Windsor, Ontario, Canada. The Toyota dealers in Canada offer these moldings for the Yaris, but I've got a concern about color codes. The parts department at Eastway Toyota in Windor said the color code for their “Silver Streek Mica” (light silver) Yaris is 1E7. Strangely, the original window sticker from my car says the color is “medium silver” – it's a light silver shade. The code on my car is 1F8. Does anyone out there know (really know) if it's the same color. He couldn't cross reference it.
Here in the states, aren't there just two silver shades for the Yaris? A light and also a darker silver grey? The dealer insists that because it's a different number it's not the same color.
Does anyone out there know if it is in fact a different color? Though it's only a half hour ride, I don't want to have to drive to the dealer in Windsor if I can help it.
Thanks!
Ken
kennywhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I'd really like them on mine too. What is with US Toyota?
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
riceboy

Drives: icebox
You're better to go and check it out.... you wouldn't want to get the wrong color parts...
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
the canadian hatchback is only offered in silver streak mica (light silver), whereas the u.s. hatch is only offered in meteorite metallic (medium silver).

so they would be different colours.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Yeah, I was about to say, I didn't think the US LB was offered in Silver Streak Mica
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #6
kennywhy

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I could almost swear mine is also "silver streak mica". It IS a light silver, as opposed to a darker shade. I'll have to look further at my new car literature and original paper work. Can anyone else check this out, and/or confirm it?
Also, am I crazy, or would a slightly different silver shade maybe not look bad on the car. It would still be better than some of the other aftermarket side molding available. At least it would fit.
kennywhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:19 PM   #7
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywhy
I could almost swear mine is also "silver streak mica". It IS a light silver, as opposed to a darker shade. I'll have to look further at my new car literature and original paper work. Can anyone else check this out, and/or confirm it?
Also, am I crazy, or would a slightly different silver shade maybe not look bad on the car. It would still be better than some of the other aftermarket side molding available. At least it would fit.
Nope, If you've got a liftback, you've got Meteor Metallic, it's not really a dark color, it's pretty light, just that Silver Streak is lighter, Silver Streak Mica only comes on the Sedans though. In any case, you could always buy the molding and re-spray it Meteor Metallic
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:35 AM   #8
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
check out the colours available on toyota.ca compared to toyota.com,

also check out the colours available for the u.s. sedan vs hatch.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote