Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #91
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
If they can recall the seatbelt issue (where apparently NO ONE has been affected in North America yet) they should be recalling these sensors/wiring harnesses. Serious, WTF Toyota??
devinlamothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 AM   #92
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Toyota is an extremely cheap company. They have a good product, but for some reason they have been able to convince their followers in NA they they care about them and their safety. They are no different than any other company and they will not do a recall unless they are forced to do so. If they can save a couple bucks and a few people die in the process (a la Ford Pinto), they will do it.

Toyota has over 50% of the market share in Japan, but even the Japanese consider Toyota to be one of the cheapest companies and it's a case of buying a Toyota; not because you like the company; but because their products have been reliable.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:00 AM   #93
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
When you're #1, all eyes are focused on you and it becomes critical that you set a good example. Being cheap is not setting a good example, especially during hard times when all the other manufacture are suffering and are willing to run at a lost to produce the best product... News flash, We're in the mist of a world war and it's no longer about making profits. It's a about survival.

I think Honda has the best defensive position, but Toyota has the most resources at their disposal and the American boys have some tricks up their sleeve and don't need to play fairly.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #94
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pars View Post
When you're #1, all eyes are focused on you and it becomes critical that you set a good example. Being cheap is not setting a good example, especially during hard times when all the other manufacture are suffering and are willing to run at a lost to produce the best product... News flash, We're in the mist of a world war and it's no longer about making profits. It's a about survival.

I think Honda has the best defensive position, but Toyota has the most resources at their disposal and the American boys have some tricks up their sleeve and don't need to play fairly.
I read an article a couple of days ago which said Toyota was low on funds. While I find that hard to believe, if that is true because Honda is in a better position, there could be a large market shift coming soon.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #95
zghansar

Drives: Toyota Yaris
I found my 2007 Yaris sedan lights (ABS and (!)) "ON" today morning and ABS is not kicking in. Im in Mississauga and it has snowed since yesterday. I am going to wait for a day and see if the lights go away, may be I will get a car wash done.

For the people who had the lights "ON" and then went OFF, does it come back ON?

Also how do I know if I am under warranty? I bought the 2007 Yaris sedan in November 07 and it has done 43,000 kilometres till date.
zghansar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #96
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by zghansar View Post
Also how do I know if I am under warranty? I bought the 2007 Yaris sedan in November 07 and it has done 43,000 kilometres till date.
3yr/60,000km
Old 02-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #97
Maddman

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan (Aero)
My Yaris lights come on and then turn off. Sometimes it's each time I start the car, other times it a couple of days. They turn on when it's really cold outside.

(still waiting for the parts to come in)
Maddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #98
kozm

Drives: Yaris Sedan 07
Quote:

Yes it does.

It is 60k km or 3 years, whichever comes first. A good source is...hmmm...toyota.ca? :)
kozm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #99
zghansar

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Update: so I went into Dixie Toyota and was happy to know that my car is still under warranty. They took a couple of hours to do checks and then told me that my rear right censor is busted and they ordered the part and it is on back order and will be a while before I will be called in for repair.
zghansar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #100
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Quote:
I found my 2007 Yaris sedan lights (ABS and (!)) "ON" today morning and ABS is not kicking in. Im in Mississauga and it has snowed since yesterday. I am going to wait for a day and see if the lights go away, may be I will get a car wash done.

Mine has come off and on twice, but hasn't since. It's getting warmer out so we'll see if it happens again.
devinlamothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #101
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar View Post
^^ OK. So dropped by car in at lunch for them to disagnose.

And just got the call back saying they need to replace the wiring harness this time (so its NOT a sensor this time around).

Part will be in beg of next week.
See followup post... ^^ that was posted around the 9th of Jan.

Abt a 5 days later, the ABS and (!) lights magically went off and I had the use of my ABS again.

.. Oh, and the part is STILL on backorder. Jesus.

(not that im frustrated at the length of time its taking, esp since the warning lights have disappeared now again, but im just simply shocked at how long its taking...)

Jem
Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #102
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDMR2 View Post
If you don't want to fix it , can the code be erase so both of the lights comes off
I was told this is impossible by my tech. That the they simply cant permanently disable the warning lights while this malfunction is still an issue. That they will show up again every time u start the car.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #103
EBoOGie

Drives: 07 yarii
my "ABS" and "Brake" light is on my 07 sedan. ABS is not suppose to be workin when it on correct? A few times when im drivin, and come to a stop, the ABS seems to be working for no reason. ( the abs noise, sounds mechanically clicky. pedals feel soft and spongee, ONLY sometimes this happens.) Conditions were dry, no ice, no water so i was not skiddin when i heard the abs noise kick on. is this the same thing everyone is experiencing?
are you experiencing-
- the abs and brake lights as well as noise?
-or only abs and brakes lights on only?
im confuse
EBoOGie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #104
Maddman

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan (Aero)
i've been getting both conditions that you're getting eboogie. since it's been determined to be a faulty speed sensor, i'm going to assume that sometimes the system is going to work when ever the sensor feels like it. the lights are on cause the sensor threw a code to the ECU. it doesn't mean that the system it completly inactive (i guess). hope that clears some confusion.

i'm still waiting for the part to come it. it's been over a month of waiting now. now i'm probably going to have to go back a second time for the seat belt recall. i hope that they can do it all at once.
Maddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:27 AM   #105
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBoOGie View Post
my "ABS" and "Brake" light is on my 07 sedan. ABS is not suppose to be workin when it on correct? A few times when im drivin, and come to a stop, the ABS seems to be working for no reason. ( the abs noise, sounds mechanically clicky. pedals feel soft and spongee, ONLY sometimes this happens.) Conditions were dry, no ice, no water so i was not skiddin when i heard the abs noise kick on. is this the same thing everyone is experiencing?
are you experiencing-
- the abs and brake lights as well as noise?
-or only abs and brakes lights on only?
im confuse
I also had similar symptoms, the ABS was out of wack and activated for no reason, but this only happened when the ABS light was off. Immidately after the ABS acted-up, the warning light would once again come back on and ABS would be deactivated, which was preferable to the abs pulsing away for no reason.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #106
Former_Neon

Drives: 1997 Yaris LE
Well, I'm still waiting for the speed sensor and wiring harness to come in. My ABS is working again though. The lights have turned off on the instrument panel and all is normal for the time being.
As if Toyota could give a damn.
Former_Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #107
EBoOGie

Drives: 07 yarii
i had the car checked out today, I mad an appt monday for today. the light of course went away two days ago. but they didnt figure anything out, i have my rotors turned, and rear drum adjusted, and the recall done. we will see if abs acts up. good luck guys
EBoOGie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #108
Former_Neon

Drives: 1997 Yaris LE
Well, I'm still waiting for that speed sensor and wiring harness to come in. I did get a call from the local Toyota dealership today, however, about an outstanding recall on my Yaris concerning a seat belt bezel. Anyone know anything about this one?
Former_Neon is offline   Reply With Quote