Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
turboecho2005

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
SR20 power platz RWD

:)
Attached Images

1987 Nissan Maxima - 40,000 original miles - Slammed
1991 Isuzu Impulse RS AWD Turbo - approx 250hp - Winter Beater
1989 Isuzu Imark RS - Mint Condition - 0 rust - 100% factory :) - Summer Cruiser - 100% restored
1986 VW Jetta Wolfsburg - 120,000km - Mint condition. TDI swap in progress
turboecho2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Dadombomb15

Drives: 1996 Miata
SR20DET in an echo?! I WANT

i was thinking about picking up an S13 (hatch, not coupe) as a project car and do an SR20DET swap but don't have the funding yet
Performance: Corksport "Drift" Cat-Back Exhaust, Hard Dog Ace Double Diagonal Roll Bar
Future (planned) mods: Intake, bumper turning light "induction" kit, better aftermarket wheels (lighter), light flywheel, upgraded clutch, racing seats, etc etc.
Dadombomb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
awesome! more detail?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
240's are overrated now lol ... hmm ... I wonder if a bluebird swap would be possible in a Yaris. This way you dont have to worry about the RWD conversion.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Dadombomb15

Drives: 1996 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyz View Post
240's are overrated now lol ... hmm ... I wonder if a bluebird swap would be possible in a Yaris. This way you dont have to worry about the RWD conversion.
maybe, but I've had a fascination with 240s (specifically the s13 hatches) since i was a kid, i don't know what drew me to them, but i've loved them since I saw one when i was about 7 or 8
Performance: Corksport "Drift" Cat-Back Exhaust, Hard Dog Ace Double Diagonal Roll Bar
Future (planned) mods: Intake, bumper turning light "induction" kit, better aftermarket wheels (lighter), light flywheel, upgraded clutch, racing seats, etc etc.
Dadombomb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyz View Post
ooh that would be cool. I want to try a Silvertop from an AE101 Corolla into a Yaris. Nothing like ITB's and 10k rpms.

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
wow.....*drooling*
With that power and setup, people will forget about the pink~ish color.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadombomb15 View Post
maybe, but I've had a fascination with 240s (specifically the s13 hatches) since i was a kid, i don't know what drew me to them, but i've loved them since I saw one when i was about 7 or 8
Had two hatches myself and always changed my choice of powerhouse because by the time I was ready, it was already becoming the fad. I got my 1st S13 when they were still a rare car to work on .. then the drift craze came to America and I still stuck with it for several more years and even getting a second one .... I ended up going all motor to prove some numbers without breaking bank. With tuning .. I pulled numbers of the SR20 with an NA KADE at under the price of getting the whole complete swap.

www.hincity.com/treyz .. check out my garage

Only reason why I got rid of them is because everyone and their mother has one now lol ... and its hard to find a clean shell these days up north. If I go back to it .. I'd be looking ot do a S13 convertible project. Unless My negotiations for an S15 from some old friends that import goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHDVIPbB View Post
ooh that would be cool. I want to try a Silvertop from an AE101 Corolla into a Yaris. Nothing like ITB's and 10k rpms.
Another cool part is that the turbo setup would be up front since the exhaust manifold is right there unlike ours where it's facing the firewall.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote