Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
Club VIP Toyota Quebec

Ayio! I'm proud to announce that a couple of friends and I created the Club VIP Toyota Quebec (located in Quebec...DUH!) we plan on doing lots and lots of Toyota/Scion/Lexus events for all the summer

we.... mostly talk FRENCH quebec... but a good majority of us can talk english too... if you are near Montreal and Quebec City then we are the group for you as we have 300+ members all across the province and we would like to participate to events and car meets near these locations .... if there's some....

also if ToyotaFest (in connecticut I belive) is still a thing, then we are in the talking to go there too..

feel free to join us and talk to us (we don't bite... and we love any Toyota/Lexus/Scion car builds)

anyway I hope I can see some YW members in car meets near Quebec, Ontario, ad if required, states nearby too :)

40mm Lift Kit, off road looking wheels/tire, Clear Tail lights, C-WEST grille, Black Housing headlights, Rear JDM Bumper (if I can find one), Semi Stripped interior, Custom paint job, custom roof rack
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:08 PM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
This is going to end like every other Toyota club ever made IMO

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2018, 08:57 AM   #3
ACKING_QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post

I understand your fear...

but I think that on this one you're wronng... I think we managed to...pretty much... take every motivated toyota club people and managed to put them in one place... if everyone is motivated then I say GO !! 300+ cars car meet and other events !

40mm Lift Kit, off road looking wheels/tire, Clear Tail lights, C-WEST grille, Black Housing headlights, Rear JDM Bumper (if I can find one), Semi Stripped interior, Custom paint job, custom roof rack
Old 03-27-2018, 10:04 AM   #4
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i've been to a club echo-yaris quebec meet

one guy spoke broken english to me while i attempted my broken french.

cars were neat, but not much to do for a block head
Old 03-27-2018, 10:12 AM   #5
IllusionX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post

Club echo-yaris Quebec is no longer what it was in its hay day in Montreal in 2005-2008. The guys in Quebec City are still trying to be active though. But the cars are getting old, not many are left on the road.

I met a guy with a Vtiz badged Echo RS, and it wasn't a car guy. He just bought it (used) for fuel economy. LOL

Old 03-27-2018, 11:15 AM   #6
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:

Yup.....DOA (dead on arrival). lol

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:19 PM   #7
ACKING_QC

Quote:
Club echo-yaris Quebec is no longer what it was in its hay day in Montreal in 2005-2008. The guys in Quebec City are still trying to be active though. But the cars are getting old, not many are left on the road.

I met a guy with a Vtiz badged Echo RS, and it wasn't a car guy. He just bought it (used) for fuel economy. LOL

that is why a new "ALL toyota/Lexus/Scion" club is born... to meet the expectations of those who are motivated enough to actually do some REAL car meets... like the ones you see in Tokyo with all different cars and tastes just for the heck of being car people

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post

at least they tried? lol I know Club Echo Yaris isn't "that great" anymore... I know it used to be big.. and fun... and I know cars are dying .... well Echos at least.. because I see plenty lot of Yaris on the road tho....

MK2 Zenki/Kouki MK3 phase 1-2 and 3... too but most of them are just old people who wants good gas mileage cars... while there seem to be 2-3 tuned Yaris one near Rawdon a blue one with WeaponR all around the car and cat delete and another white one RS2010 with a TRUSH central exit custom muffler... (gotta sound nice tho... never saw it IRL....)never saw them on the club but they said to me they registered... but didnt liked the "feeling" of the club... and for the same reasons I ...SNAPPED A FUSE twice with some...somewhat aggressive forum posts ... lol.... : 80% of people not showing up to meets.... people not showing if activity director is not there.... etc.... exact same reasons....

the thing is.... even if the hype is somewhat low these days ... and that I mostly have to scavenge for parts...... the hype is STILL there... and by joinning our forces with ALL Toyota/Lexus/Scion we can all be a Big arse car peope gang...

Old 03-27-2018, 12:41 PM   #8
IllusionX

Too bad the Yaris will never have a long lasting hype. They already moved on the sedan with a Mazda 2 based sedan.. the rest of the world get much cooler Yaris..

It's nothing like a Suzuki Swift, and will never follow the line with a Honda Fit.

Hey, you get a K20A swapped Fit, or a 400HP turbo G13A Swift.

What you get with a Yaris? Yes there is Garm's turbo build.. 300+HP. Has sold it long time ago.
Then you get the dual engine AWD Echo, but he was never active in the echo/Yaris forumsl(s).

The rest are just trying to keep their aging cars clean, or looking for parts or a few cosmetic mod.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #9
ACKING_QC

Quote:
Too bad the Yaris will never have a long lasting hype. They already moved on the sedan with a Mazda 2 based sedan.. the rest of the world get much cooler Yaris..

It's nothing like a Suzuki Swift, and will never follow the line with a Honda Fit.

Hey, you get a K20A swapped Fit, or a 400HP turbo G13A Swift.

What you get with a Yaris? Yes there is Garm's turbo build.. 300+HP. Has sold it long time ago.
Then you get the dual engine AWD Echo, but he was never active in the echo/Yaris forumsl(s).

The rest are just trying to keep their aging cars clean, or looking for parts or a few cosmetic mod.

there's 4AGE and 2ZZGE swaps tho

I met one guy at iCar with a two-tone black-red 2ZZGE Yaris.... this thing ate my friend's V6 Ford Probe on the 1/4 (we all have an inside joke with that since then! lol).....

one guy in Chili made a 3SGTE swap in a white Yaris and as I can recall he is here on the forum and another one made 640HP with a 3SGTE in an Echo

also... they K20A2 swapped a Yaris Sedan too

nicer Yaris ?! IKR !? look up at indonesian Yaris these are REALLY cool.... too bad we will not have them there.....

eh the hype is still there... as long as people talk about them.... heck even the Tercel hype is not gone ( talk ton Martin Leblanc on the facebook page.... this dude has a Tercel race car in the making !

Old 03-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #10
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKING_QC View Post
also if ToyotaFest (in connecticut I belive) is still a thing, then we are in the talking to go there too..
yes, toyota fest CT is still happening, in september 15. 3-5 yaris in the area already agreed to attend.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1603497743047618/
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #11
ACKING_QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
yes, toyota fest CT is still happening, in september 15. 3-5 yaris in the area already agreed to attend.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1603497743047618/
my friend's Tercel race car and I with my yaris have already manifested our interest in the event.. we are all in the talking for a big ride there with 300+ members

EDIT : it's a 6+hours ride for me... and add 2-3 hours for people from Quebec city.... but we still want to go :)

Old 03-27-2018, 09:10 PM   #12
enviri

its a nice big racetrack with a nice drift spot, so its all good :D The yaris last year were sittin pretty right in the center of the track, with the supras, mr2s, and 6th gen celicas lol. The scions were casted off waaay in the deepest darkest corners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pH3bqqZFBI
Old 03-27-2018, 09:23 PM   #13
IllusionX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKING_QC View Post
my friend's Tercel race car and I with my yaris have already manifested our interest in the event.. we are all in the talking for a big ride there with 300+ members

EDIT : it's a 6+hours ride for me... and add 2-3 hours for people from Quebec city.... but we still want to go :)
How is Quebec city people take 2-3 hours to CT while it takes me 5hrs from Lacolle border?

More like 7hrs from Quebec city lol

Old 03-27-2018, 10:28 PM   #14
ACKING_QC

Quote:
How is Quebec city people take 2-3 hours to CT while it takes me 5hrs from Lacolle border?

More like 7hrs from Quebec city lol

that cannot be true.. it would take me 6h39 minutes to get to the meeting point in Connecticut.......... and I'm from St Lin Laurentides ( a good 2-3 hours drive from Quebec City)

EDIT mis understanding.... re read the post... LOL YES 7 hours trip !

Old 03-27-2018, 11:05 PM   #15
enviri

230km/h avg speed :D
Old 03-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #16
ACKING_QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
230km/h avg speed :D
*in a Yaris ! LOL

Old 04-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #17
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
if you guys are coming to toyotafest in CT 3 other guys from the entire USA of a in will be there rocking. got 2 2gens and one 3 gen. we'd be more then happy to have you guys there and it would really boost are numbers.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote