Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-09-2018, 06:16 AM   #19
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Imagine a convoy of Yari winding its way through the surreal landscapes of the Southwest! Would be a stellar place for a meet. .

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 11-09-2018 at 07:00 AM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #20
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
Just booked the RAV 4 for our trip around Cali, San Diego, Las Vegas and of course Arizona. It's got to be done right. You always go Toyota for reliability.
Gonna have to get use to driving on the right hand side of the road and with the steering wheel on the left LOL..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Imagine a convoy of Yari winding its way through the surreal landscapes of the Southwest! Would be a stellar place for a meet.
If Junorico and others are open to it, we could possibly make that happen...

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #21
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
I look at cars all day, i play car video games, for my daily workout i listen to car and engine motor noises and audiobooks of car manuals.

I eat engine oil for breakfast and sometimes if im daring i mix in engine coolant with a locally sourced non GMO organic block bits for some fiber.

if im feeling naughty i sometimes pull my dipstick out and spray my backpressure engine oil everywhere while looking at cars being sprayed down with foam cannons and rolling around in the mud/ getting/ being dirty.

TLDR:

Im boring
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #22
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
My dream vacation is getting to lay in bed for a week.
Leegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #23
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
Quote:
Just booked the RAV 4 for our trip around Cali, San Diego, Las Vegas and of course Arizona. It's got to be done right. You always go Toyota for reliability.
Gonna have to get use to driving on the right hand side of the road and with the steering wheel on the left LOL..

be sure to post roadtrip pics!
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #24
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
be sure to post roadtrip pics!

Fo sure.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #25
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
everydays a holiday when your poor.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #26
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Almost forgot about this.Wow, what can i say. America is amazing and we want to go back. I miss Vegas already. Jumped on Hawaiian Airlines to Hawaii and connecting flight to L.A. then picked up our car at Dollars.

And I drove A GMC not a RAV 4. Dollar where we booked, they didn't have a RAV4. They told us to grab what ever car was on the "SUV class" on the lot. I chose the GMC not a bad car actually. It had tinted side mirrors which was scary at night. Can't see ishh! But it had electric lumber support and back support which felt like it was giving you a back massage. Nice seats!

I set off.OMG! scary and madness because i had no idea how mad you guys drive.I couldn't believe the amount of exits, so many lanes and traffic was crazy. Plus driving on the left side of the car and right side of the road was a bit weird but got the hang of it found my self wondering to the right line a bit but adjusted. I also click the wiper stork instead of the indicator a few times when turning.The guy at the vallet parking probably thought wtf is wrong with this guy has the wiper on a sunny day. driving on the right side of the road and steering on the left side of the car for a few weeks effected my diving back here in Sydney. Weird feeling..

Yesh! the driving was scary, fun. I loved every minute of it. No round about that was new for me.Who ever is first at intersection goes first. I liked that. Except for when I thought it was clear and some dude went 100 miles through it out of no where and nearly hit me. And every where you go, you had to go through the mad LA highway lol.Mad dash to walmart or fast food joint was crazy. Here in Australia it's literally a walk or 5 to 10 minutes away.I was thinking why we have to go through that mad highway every where we go? LOL.

L.A. was crazy the traffic and homelessness was very bad. We stayed the first night at travel lodge then down town 5 star hotel. Can't remember the name apparently it's where Marilyn Manroe died.So the Oscars i thought it was in like in a fancy private property.Didn't realize it was just on the strip where the malls and shops are.Griffith observatory was dope.Santa Monica was cool as well and Venice Beach.I did the tourist thing they tour you around the holywood stars homes on the hills etc.

I see a lot of people grinding trying to make a living.
We saw the strip full of people and dudes with costumes you have to avoid apparently because they want to take pictures with you and you have to pay them.One dude was trying to sell CD's he was a rap star apparently but my wife said, don't take that because he is just tryin to get money. Dude was like, hey, man where you from? I said, Sydney. Oh, we're big over there we are going to tripple J next week.Here's our CD. BS!

Food was amazing. Denny's, I Hop and jolibee. I tried authentic Mexican food. Loved it.I couldn't believe the tipping system you guys have. Here we don't tip in Sydney. And we certainly don't have waiters pouring glass of water or fussing over us if we wanted something or need anything. It was different and new to me.

Universal Studios was good but man packed with so many peeps trying to get on rides very tiring.Sand Diego, Sea World was OK. I mean i saw the dolphin and whales show etc but it soon got boring. Went to Aneheim for Disney world. Again not my thing too much walking .

The part i love was driving to San Francisco. As soon as you get passed the L.A. traffic i saw the most amazing scenery i have ever seen in my life. The mountains was huge and lakes and valley. And there's no traffic light it's just straight on, you and the open road as one.We got the The Bay area is just as bad as L.A in traffic. I drove through the golden gate bridge took pictures and I saw my first NBA play off game, the warriors game, play offs. What we came to see.Warriors vs Rockets game 5, i think.

Drive to Vegas was the best. Vegas to me is the place to be a fun filled, happy place. We stayed at the Golden Nuggest. If it wasn't for the WARRIORS game which cut our days in vegas short we would have stayed in Las Vegas for a wee bit longer. The lights and vibe of that place is just amazing.The food at Arias was the best buffet i have ever had. The one at Golden Nuggest couldn't come close. Just amazing. We went to the grand Canyon West rim with the Horse shoe. Pretty cool. It doesn't feel that high for some reason.Vegas is a happy place for anyone .

Hawaii reminds me of Philippines and New Zealand. The Beach was beautiful and it's not as developed as the Mainland. Saw the Jurrasic Park location where they shoot the films.I drove in Hawaii as well much narrow roads than the mainland but it's kind of like Philippines the beach. The Mountains like New Zealand very interesting.

We'll hopefully I can come back.Definitely got to do Vegas right. 3 days is not enough! Suzk back to reality of work, work, work.Sad!

Last edited by junorico24; 11-03-2019 at 03:50 PM.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:24 PM   #27
KALISPEL II

Drives: '22 Mazda CX-30 CE AWD 6-AT
Quote:
Almost forgot about this.Wow, what can i say. America is amazing and we want to go back. I miss Vegas already. Jumped on Hawaiian Airlines to Hawaii and connecting flight to L.A. then picked up our car at Dollars.

And I drove A GMC not a RAV 4. Dollar where we booked, they didn't have a RAV4. They told us to grab what ever car was on the "SUV class" on the lot. I chose the GMC not a bad car actually. It had tinted side mirrors which was scary at night. Can't see ishh! But it had electric lumber support and back support which felt like it was giving you a back massage. Nice seats!

I set off.OMG! scary and madness because i had no idea how mad you guys drive.I couldn't believe the amount of exits, so many lanes and traffic was crazy. Plus driving on the left side of the car and right side of the road was a bit weird but got the hang of it found my self wondering to the right line a bit but adjusted. I also click the wiper stork instead of the indicator a few times when turning.The guy at the vallet parking probably thought wtf is wrong with this guy has the wiper on a sunny day. driving on the right side of the road and steering on the left side of the car for a few weeks effected my diving back here in Sydney. Weird feeling..

Yesh! the driving was scary, fun. I loved every minute of it. No round about that was new for me.Who ever is first at intersection goes first. I liked that. Except for when I thought it was clear and some dude went 100 miles through it out of no where and nearly hit me. And every where you go, you had to go through the mad LA highway lol.Mad dash to walmart or fast food joint was crazy. Here in Australia it's literally a walk or 5 to 10 minutes away.I was thinking why we have to go through that mad highway every where we go? LOL.

L.A. was crazy the traffic and homelessness was very bad. We stayed the first night at travel lodge then down town 5 star hotel. Can't remember the name apparently it's where Marilyn Manroe died.So the Oscars i thought it was in like in a fancy private property.Didn't realize it was just on the strip where the malls and shops are.Griffith observatory was dope.Santa Monica was cool as well and Venice Beach.I did the tourist thing they tour you around the holywood stars homes on the hills etc.

We saw the strip full of people and dudes with costumes you have to avoid apparently because they want to take pictures with you and you have to pay them.One dude was trying to sell CD's he was a rap star apparently but my wife said, don't take that because he is just tryin to get money. Dude was like, hey, man where you from? I said, Sydney. Oh, we're big over there we are going to tripple J next week.Here's our CD. BS!

Food was amazing. Denny's, I Hop and jolibee. I tried authentic Mexican food. Loved it.I couldn't believe the tipping system you guys have. Here we don't tip in Sydney. And we certainly don't have waiters pouring glass of water or fussing over us if we wanted something or need anything. It was different and new to me.

Universal Studios was good but man packed with so many peeps trying to get on rides very tiring.Sand Diego, Sea World was OK. I mean i saw the dolphin and whales show etc but it soon got boring. Went to Aneheim for Disney world. Again not my thing too much walking .

The part i love was driving to San Francisco. As soon as you get passed the L.A. traffic i saw the most amazing scenery i have ever seen in my life. The mountains was huge and lakes and valley. And there's no traffic light it's just straight on, you and the open road as one.We got the The Bay area is just as bad as L.A in traffic. I drove through the golden gate bridge took pictures and I saw my first NBA play off game, the warriors game, play offs. What we came to see.Warriors vs Rockets game 5, i think.

Drive to Vegas was the best. Vegas to me is the place to be a fun filled, happy place. We stayed at the Golden Nuggest. If it wasn't for the WARRIORS game which cut our days in vegas short we would have stayed in Las Vegas for a wee bit longer. The lights and vibe of that place is just amazing.The food at Arias was the best buffet i have ever had. The one at Golden Nuggest couldn't come close. Just amazing. We went to the grand Canyon West rim with the Horse shoe. Pretty cool. It doesn't feel that high for some reason.Vegas is a happy place for anyone .

Hawaii reminds me of Philippines and New Zealand. The Beach was beautiful and it's not as developed as the Mainland. Saw the Jurrasic Park location where they shoot the films.I drove in Hawaii as well much narrow roads than the mainland but it's kind of like Philippines the beach. The Mountains like New Zealand very interesting.

We'll hopefully I can come back.Definitely got to do Vegas right. 3 days is not enough! Suzk back to reality of work, work, work.Sad!
Nice! Sounds like you had a good time!
KALISPEL II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:55 PM   #28
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
Quote:

WOW great report wishing for some pics!
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #29
Hamster

Drives: 2009 5-Door Liftback
Wow junorrico24, what a trip! I live in the US, and I haven't even done a fraction of what you've done during your vacation! My sister, until recently, lived in Las Vegas. Unlike you, though, I had a miserable time there. The dry desert air gave me sinus problems that took me a month to recover from after I returned to Ohio. It was like a month long, really bad cold. Never had sinus problems before then, and haven't had any since. Wish I could visit Las Vegas again since it's such a fun place, but my body doesn't like the dry desert air!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote