Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Gentex K31 - auto dimming mirror w/ map lights, compass, outside temp. -- installed.

My dealer just installed a Gentex K31 auto dimming mirror w/ map lights, compass, and outside temperature.

Overall I'm happy with it. Looks like it mounted directly to the stock mirror's mount. It's a nice mirror. It's wider than the stock rear-view mirror and I can see the entire hatch window from passenger side to driver side and then some.

The map lights on it are LEDs, but they strangely used green and yellow LEDs. I guess those colors make it easier to read a map in the dark? Only other problem I have is that the mirror's base extends down past the dotted spots on the windshield:

I told them that I do not want any of the base exposed / visible below that dotted area so they setup another service appointment for Monday morning to see if they can have their glass / window repair guys move that stock mirror mount up a little bit so that the mirror's entire base is within that dotted area.

Anyone know if it's actually possible to remove that stock mirror mount without damaging the windshield?

I don't know if that that's actually possible without leaving some mark or trace behind where stock mirror mount once was or without cracking / breaking the windshield.

Both mirrors (top one is the Gentex, bottom one is the stock):

Off:

On:

Its weird colored map lights (that's a white sheet of kleenex to show the lights' colors more accurately):

From the back seats:

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 01-06-2009 at 07:39 AM.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote