Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
lantis

Drives: Toyota Yaris II
Installation of original power windows and locks in Yaris

Hello!

I have 2008 Toyota Yaris Terra A/C - sadly without power locks and windows:
http://www.toyodiy.com

I am considering of buying used power window and lock parts and installing those in my car (only front power windows, and at least front power locks).

I must replace door parts with door wires which leads to GD1,GD2 (drivers side) and FD1, FD2 (pass. side) connectors. From these connectors wires go to ECU (I don't have that wires mounted).

SOL version of Yaris according to:
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_200...MGKW_8404.html
which has fabric mounted wireless locks (information from distributor's leaflet) and power windows has a same ECU like mine.

Is it possible do install original parts, connect these to ECU and have power windows and locks?
lantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
90tsi

Drives: 09 yaris
i am wanting to do this install as well. i havent found any salvage yard with a wrecked 3dr yet tho. As far as i can tell as long as you have the door harnesses and all the hardware it should be a plug n play application
90tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lantis View Post
Hello!

I have 2008 Toyota Yaris Terra A/C - sadly without power locks and windows:
http://www.toyodiy.com

I am considering of buying used power window and lock parts and installing those in my car (only front power windows, and at least front power locks).

I must replace door parts with door wires which leads to GD1,GD2 (drivers side) and FD1, FD2 (pass. side) connectors. From these connectors wires go to ECU (I don't have that wires mounted).

SOL version of Yaris according to:
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_200...MGKW_8404.html
which has fabric mounted wireless locks (information from distributor's leaflet) and power windows has a same ECU like mine.

Is it possible do install original parts, connect these to ECU and have power windows and locks?
The ECM doesn't control the door locks, the Body ECU does (which lives within the under dash fuse panel), but that is the same between the Terra and the SOL as well, so it should work.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
lantis

Drives: Toyota Yaris II
That's good news. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The ECM doesn't control the door locks, the Body ECU does (which lives within the under dash fuse panel), but that is the same between the Terra and the SOL as well, so it should work.
What is the part number of my Body ECU? I can't find this element in catalog's drawings.

It is hard to get to the Body ECU connector D33?
lantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Actually, looking at the European EPC, they are different for Yaris with and without power locks. I had looked prior at the US Sedan ones, (since I have a sedan Body ECU sitting on my test bench) which were the same with and without power locks.

For the European liftbacks (built in France), there are four different ones. The different part numbers are based on if they have wireless locks and if they are cold spec or not, so ones with and without power locks and windows, but without wireless locks may still be the same.

82730-0D310

82730-0D320 - With wireless door locks

82730-0D380 - Cold spec

82730-0D390 - Cold spec with wireless door locks