Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
vitz1000

Drives: toyota vitz 09 1.0l
is this scratch home repairable

are these scratch home repairable by any mean possible or do i have to get a paint job
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0459.jpg (92.9 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0460.jpg (121.1 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0461.jpg (119.4 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0462.jpg (117.3 KB, 132 views)
vitz1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Got any pics a bit further away, so we cAN get more of a feel of where they are and how bad they look?
My car's the same color, so it's hard to tell if it's down to the bare metal....

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
I can see substrate, that is not home repairable.. at least not very well.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
Nicfin
Nic

Drives: 2008 3-Door Liftback Manual
I am no expert, but I would also say no. My advice would be to live with it and drive the heck out of the Yaris. You won't get your money back having it fixed. Also, if you keep it long enough, that won't be the last scratch, dent or ding you will put on it. I put a small ding in the passenger door the first week I had my Yaris and it really ticked me off initially. But, I know it won't be the only one, because I keep my cars a loooong time.
Nicfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicfin View Post
I am no expert, but I would also say no. My advice would be to live with it and drive the heck out of the Yaris. You won't get your money back having it fixed. Also, if you keep it long enough, that won't be the last scratch, dent or ding you will put on it. I put a small ding in the passenger door the first week I had my Yaris and it really ticked me off initially. But, I know it won't be the only one, because I keep my cars a loooong time.
I have a similar philosophy. This is also why I won't buy an expensive car, as such incidents would really, really PMO rather than just make me SMH re my Yaris. I always exercise extreme care so as to never door ding or bumper tap any other car, but many people lack this reciprocal respect and just don't care and if they do do damage and wouldn't dream of leaving a note or owning up to it. I recently was looking at my battery and noticed that the front of my hood NOW doesn't align evenly all along the 'seam' with where it meets the 'front bumper cover' (the last time I checked my battery, the alignment along the seam was even). I realized that someone must have backed into my car during one of the rare times I need to parallel park. I looked more closely at the car after noticing the uneven seam and realized the hit was hard enough to 'unsnap' the grille from the 'bumper cover' (fortunately, one can easily snap it back into place). SMH. Such things have happened to me many times over the years. I do realize that some people do this without realizing it because they are driving a car they are not physically suited to drive. One of my physically diminutive relatives who married into the family used to have an Expedition. She had a few incidents where she would back into ('tap') the car behind her when leaving a parallel parking space, not even notice what she had done (with a car that big it doesn't take much to do damage) and twice had someone report her. She also got into two accidents with the Expedition and after the second one her husband declared that the car was too big for her and bought her a Volvo station wagon to replace it. Driving the Volvo has, so far, been an incident free experience. I think, however, in most situations people notice the damage they have done and just don't want to pay or don't want their insurance premium to increase and those considerations override their sense of right and wrong re damage to someone else's car. I do realize that the OP was talking about self inflicted 'parking lot' damage (assumably not involving another car), but I think being on the receiving end of this with no idea who caused it is far more common than the OP's situation.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote