Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
monkded

Drives: Black Yaris Hatchback
Daytime Driving Light system is dead

I've concluded that they system is dead and it has nothing to do with the fuse :( I would have no problem with this except this has also caused my tail lights to not work at night. The tail lights only work when I break. I think it has to do with my fog lights being tapped into the daytime running lights and they were on for 8+ hours because of a long trip. Would I need a wiring diagram or what do you suggest?
monkded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Geoff Peace

Drives: Yaris 1.33 litre 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkded View Post
I've concluded that they system is dead and it has nothing to do with the fuse :( I would have no problem with this except this has also caused my tail lights to not work at night. The tail lights only work when I break. I think it has to do with my fog lights being tapped into the daytime running lights and they were on for 8+ hours because of a long trip. Would I need a wiring diagram or what do you suggest?
Fog lights wired into the DRL system! Did you wire them yourself? It sounds very strange to me.

Regards Geoff Peace.
Geoff Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
monkded

Drives: Black Yaris Hatchback
Possible Solution

No I did not install the fog lights I had a friend do it for me. I've been driving with them for months with no problem until I took my car on a long road trip. My car is a 2010 Hatchback Yaris which I purchased in California. Me and my friend have diagnosed the problem and concluded that it may be the DRL relay harness. Unfortunetely we have not been able to find the relay. Does anyone have a diagram for this? If so I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
monkded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
dragoonmc

Drives: 07 hatchback
I have an 07 HB and I removed my relay so I could sell that to you.
for a diagram you would need to check the lighting section of the service manual which is around this site somewhere
the relay is between the steering shaft and the center console so about by your right knee but you have to remove the plastic panels to get to it
dragoonmc is offline   Reply With Quote