Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
Hint: Automatic rearview mirror

Hi there,
I just picked up an automatic rearview mirror from a Corolla at the local scrap yard.
Fortunately it just has two wires to be entertained, one is Ground (white with a thin black line) and one goes to e.g. +IGN (blue/red)
For those who are curious:
-The case is hard to open, it is clipped.
The best points to start with are the short sides.

-The Pin next to the +IGN forces the mirror to be bright if 12V are applied
-The pin between the aforementioned and a second pin has about 0,8V if the mirror has been darkened. Else it's 0V

The mechanical mounting is a bit different, but with a Dremel, a screw, a small plate and a nut this should be done.

I have no Dremel in reach, so I'll have to find another way :D

Some solder pads were unpopulated on mine, it was not much work to look up the values for the resistors etc. on anoter part of the PCB where exactly the same circuitry was built up.
The existing one lights a green LED when the mirror is turned on, I've completed the other one for curiosity, and it's to light the on/off button.
the light turns on if the sensors know it's dark, but don't turn it off unless you cut the power and turn it on again if the environment is bright enough.
dj92 is offline   Reply With Quote