Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
gillyallen

Drives: yaris
heater air flow direction control

Hi, I hope somebody knows what I am talking about.
The knob you turn to change the direction of the air flow to the floor, body and windscreen is just freely turning not clicking or moving anything.
I bought my car second-hand and didnīt realise anything was wrong until the weather changed.
It is probibly cracked or shattered inside and what I want to know is how I take off the front fascia to get to the interior control so I can manual shift the position so the air flow is towards the windscreen on a permanent basis.
Any nice guys out there that can point me in the right direction.
I don't want to get out a sledgehammer to get to it, I'm sure it must be able to slide in one direction but don't want to start pushing and pulling until I know which that is.
Any help greatfully received.
Regards Gilly
gillyallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That is a common issue and either means that the cable snapped or just that the mechanism popped off of the back of the knob. Pull off the black vertical pieces with your fingers and then pull the AC panel off the same way and you will have access to check it out.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
gillyallen

Drives: yaris
Thank you

Thank you so much for your advice, armed with a normal knife I eased off the 2 black strips, carefully lifted the silver centre panel and managed to squeeze my finger around the white plastic thingy that had popped off and realigned it and as you said it popped right back in place. I can now see where I am going so the roafs are safe again. THANK YOU. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
gillyallen is offline   Reply With Quote