Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
Wildcat

Drives: '07 Yaris Hatchback
A/C intermittently cold

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find any threads specifically on this. MY '07 HB has been having A/C issues. I notice that it will quit blowing cold air intermittently. It's been more frequent lately.

I don't know if this is my imagination, but it seems like the cold air kicks back on if I completely turn the blower off for a few seconds and then turn it back on. I wouldn't think I'd be having freon issues after only 3 years??

I'm taking it in on Wednesday for an oil change and tire rotation...should I just have them service the A/C or is there an easy fix?
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Read the manual and check how you set the AC.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
ChilliwackGuy
WCOAST CANADIAN DRIVER!!!

Drives: 2010 Hatch 5DR - AUTO/AC
This happens on my 2010 Yaris - and it's less than 3 months old - I took it in for warranty service - and they said nothing was wrong - it still happens - but mostly when it sits outside in the heat all day - then it takes a while to cool down
ChilliwackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
UTVitz

Drives: Black Vitz Liftback
This does not happen on my '08 and I've had the system opened up to replace the stinky evaporator. If you're familiar with what a/c lines look like under your hood-shiny aluminum, check all the connection points to see if there is any oily residue-you could have a very slow leak in the system that could cause this reaction. Other than that it will probably take some professional equipment to diagnose the cycling problem. A/C's do have components that can die at any time-or last for decades-I've got a 20 year old miata and the a/c still works perfectly and never been repaired.
UTVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
My air as never worked as well as I expected it to.