Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #19
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
Question, can't the steering wheel controls be easily added on? (considering it has a connector on its own and that the buttons have their own panel that replaces the blank panel on the steering wheel)

I guess the quesion is, are the clocksprings different for cars that don't have SW buttons from the factory as compared to ones that do?
The clockspring is different, as the wires go through it and the stock Yaris one only has wires for the airbag, horn and cruise control switch. If you forgo cruise control you can use those two wires to implement 2/3 of the steering wheel control functionality.

On pre-2012 Yaris for the US market there was not even an option of having steering wheel controls. Importing a European or Japanese clockspring was the only way of doing a vehicle specific upgrade.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #20
Solid T D

Drives: 08 3dr Yaris S"arah"
A couple of questions.
- If I go to my local dealer and ask them for a list of the recalls, would they provide them?
- Do I have to be under warranty for them to fix the issues(even if I have to find the recalls on my own)?
Solid T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:15 AM   #21
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid T D View Post
A couple of questions.
- If I go to my local dealer and ask them for a list of the recalls, would they provide them?
- Do I have to be under warranty for them to fix the issues(even if I have to find the recalls on my own)?
For recalls - Yes on both. For service bulletins, typically no on both.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #22
spookybathtub

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
You can also look them up yourself at http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pag...ources/recalls
spookybathtub is offline   Reply With Quote