Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-13-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
Lightyear

Drives: YARIS 1.0
Weird Injector Fault

I have a 2004 Yaris 1.0 which I bought recently from an Auction. It had been standing a while (presumably a few months?) but it seems to run and drive fine. It has a few minor bodywork issues I need to sort out before it goes on the road so it is not being used regularly, however I've been starting it at least once a week just to keep the battery charged.

Today I was moving it a few hundred yards and it died on me, I thought perhaps as the fuel was low, that could be the cause. When I'd put more fuel in, I tried to start it but it wouldn't fire? After trying for a while and running the battery down, I checked to see it there was fuel getting through by removing the fuel pipe that connects to the Injector rail and turning it over. Sure enough, petrol came though. This led me to believe that perhaps the injectors were blocked (could all 4 injectors block at once?) So i removed the Injector rail with the Injectors and the fuel pipe still plugged in and turned it over again, but nothing came out? My daughter also has a Yaris, so I removed the Injector rail from her car and plugged it into mine to check if the issue was specific to my car. I turned the car over, expecting to see a nice fine spray of fuel from each injector but again nothing?? I then plugged my Rail into hers and its still doesn't work?

So my question is, does the Rail need to be installed fully (i.e bolted into position to work properly and inject fuel?

Does anything else need to be plugged in to make the injectors work? When removing the rail, I removed the throttle body and Airbox (and the 2 plugs either side that connect what I think is the auto choke and mass air flow sensor?) so I've tried it with those plugged back in?

Anyone have any ideas as to what else I can try?
Lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote