Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2017, 07:33 AM   #1
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Anyone notice their driver's door sagging?

Hey everyone,

Any of you guys notice your driver's side door sagging a bit? Have an 07' hatch and it seems to be showing its age now. It's not completely off to the point where I need to lift the door to close it. My MR2 did that when I first got it, was quite cumbersome. I definitely don't want the Yaris to get that bad. Anyhow, just wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem and if you could share some info on repairs/parts needed.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:17 AM   #2
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Yaris door hinge

haven't looked at Yaris, and newest other car is 91 Corolla, but all of them had adjustable position door hinges. (move upper hinge forward and/or lower hinge rearward to reduce sag) Lube on the hinge pivot pin/bushings might reduce wear.
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:14 PM   #3
heeroyuy01195

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look at it on the weekend and see if I can sort this out.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #4
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Probably your door hinge pins. I think you have to replace the whole hinge on these cars. I've owned cars that had replaceable pins and bushings (the latest my old Dodge Grand Caravan) - I prefer this system for a couple of reasons: Don't have to paint the hinge and don't normally have to worry about getting the door out of alignment.

If you sit in the driver's seat, open the door the whole way and rock the door back and forth a bit, you may see movement between the hinge and pin. Often, but not always, it will be the top hinge/pin. The wear is just a function of how many times the door is opened and closed/how often and with what it was lubricated. On older cars, I've replaced a few driver's door hinges/pins, rarely other doors.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Lord knows the MF's are big enough to sag. Massive leverage.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:20 PM   #6
hairygityeti
Sir Rustalot

Drives: Toyota Yaris silver 2000 reg
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeroyuy01195 View Post
Hey everyone,

Any of you guys notice your driver's side door sagging a bit? Have an 07' hatch and it seems to be showing its age now. It's not completely off to the point where I need to lift the door to close it. My MR2 did that when I first got it, was quite cumbersome. I definitely don't want the Yaris to get that bad. Anyhow, just wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem and if you could share some info on repairs/parts needed.
My m8 had a Nissan Micra with said problem,fixed it with replacement door hinge pins.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:15 PM   #7
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Hey everyone,

I replaced mine upper on my 2 door 07 Yaris ...and in order to do it one has to remove part of the front fender in order to get tools in and change hinge ...also u will need to support the door in the process , do one at a time if you don't want to alignment redone on door .
Part was 56$ Canadian ...well that was my cost at the time .
It's little bit of a pain to do.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:55 AM   #8
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Sagging front door hinge adjustment replacement rattle

Sag and rattle are different things. OP might find or modify a wrench to adjust that upper hinge forward w/o having to remove part of fender?
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #9
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsridewith View Post
Sag and rattle are different things. OP might find or modify a wrench to adjust that upper hinge forward w/o having to remove part of fender?
My did rattle and door sag , you can't adjust it ,it's the pin that goes.
And there is no way u can make a tool for it just no space ...if there was a tool I think I would have found one at the shop .
Just saying but honestly no easy way around it.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #10
heeroyuy01195

I'm super late on this but do you by any chance remember the part numbers for the pins or hinge? Can't seem to find it in the parts fiche
Old 10-16-2017, 04:59 PM   #11
Exiwolfman

Quote:
I'm super late on this but do you by any chance remember the part numbers for the pins or hinge? Can't seem to find it in the parts fiche
Just call Toyota and ask for a hinge u need