Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
ItalianYaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris TS
Send a message via AIM to ItalianYaris Send a message via MSN to ItalianYaris
Looking for a Supercharger! (Yaris 1.8 TS)

Hello everyone! I know that in the USA you dont get the Yaris TS 1.8, But I just bought ont here in Italy, and well, Im lookink for a supercharger for the car! I believe is the safest way to make some horse power on this baby! It comes with 133 HP. DO you think with a SC I can get close to 160? Anyone have any idea if there is such a supercharger for such powerplant? I know the technology of this powerplant is fairly new, not sure if there are other toyota vehicles with it? Thanks for your help!

P.S. I am so bringing this Yaris to the States when im done with school!
ItalianYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
I don't think Toyota will come out with a supercharger for this car. Hopefully when the scion xD comes out in the U.S (May) 2007they will have a little more after market parts. I'm pretty sure companies are already developing parts for the car. I think ZPIRACING.NET may have some tricks up their sleeves when this beauty comes out. I would guess to wait until the summer July actually. Where are you going to move when u bring the yaris to the States???
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)

Last edited by weaponrcamry; 04-24-2007 at 04:50 PM.
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
ItalianYaris

I Live in miami, fl! But when I go back im not sure where i want to go yet, either Boston or San Diego. Depends on the job! Thanks for the Info. I guess waiting would be the thing to do! The car is not here yet, I get it on the first week on June. Ordered it 2 months ago! Wil the Scion xD comes with the new 1.8, 4 cyl. Dual VVT-i?
Old 04-24-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
Yep, the scion xd has basically the same motor as the Yaris RS, with minor tweaks for the economy and other issues it has to pass. Also, when it comes to mind, another reason why I don't think they will come out with a supercharger because the scion xb with the tc motor in it, is going to haul a$$, and mainly more guys like to drive the box. The xa always seem to be women cars. And probably will the xD, bit who knows it doesn't look like a girls car now... But we will just have to wait..
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
ItalianYaris

ohhh, well, maybe I will have to check in the UK. Im sure those guys will come out with something! the only thing i have to pay for it in Pounds, and it gets expensive! The car already cost me 25,000 US dollars!

Last edited by ItalianYaris; 04-27-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
I have to say that the new TS has come in Greece too and it is a fact that the engine is VERY restrained.If you install a good exhaust system and a good CAI, you car will easily reach 150hp N/A.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
ItalianYaris

oHHH! The mechanic of toyota did tell me that it has a lot of horses lost on the engine. that with just a few changes, simple ones, like yes, exhaust systems and air intake system would bring those horses back! but they did lke the idea of the supercharger. One thing i noticed! the space! That 1.8 liter is a big engine for the Yaris compartment. SO i might have to stick to the simple changes, But 150 HP sounds good still tho! Another thing! I found out that the lotus elise has a toyota 1.8 liter engine, this is the new 1.8! Some guy told me that this 1.8 if worked right, you could get around 200HP out of it, and still keep it reliable! what do you think?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Hey, Italian, quick question: what kind of fuel economy do you get with a T-Sport? Somewhere around 30-35 mpg, I would guess? My Pontiac Vibe (aka Toyota Matrix) has the older 1.8L (auto tranny), and is rated at 34 highway with 128HP. Manual trannies were rated at nearly 38mpg. I'm assuming the new 1.8L would be equivalent?

~YR
Old 04-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
ItalianYaris

well, there is a difference between the old engine and the new! the Yaris TS comes now with Dual VVT-i, so it gives more power but at the same time giving more fuel economy. The 1.8 of the TS here does about 400 kilometers with a 42 liter tank! So, a mile being 1.6 kms, and a gallon being 1.5 liters, I guess we can do the math! :) Not sure if it is better or worst!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #10
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
the 1.5L does way over 500km with a full tank (42L untill low fuel warning)

anyways.. if you ever bring that yaris to the States.. make sure you check the American regulartions. i do belive those bumpers do not pass the crash tests. (6mph crash test)
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #11
ItalianYaris

I know. Are you sure the 1.5L can do so much? I also have a Toyota AYGO, and with a 1.0 3Cyl engine, I make around 560 KM with a full tank. and is has only 10 liters less of fuel. It sounds like a lot of km! Ohh, and about the bumpers, the only bumper that would need to be change is the rear one. Which I will just put the original back after the car passes all the inspections!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #12
IllusionX

you will need to provide crash tests in order to bring the car in (apparently)
because the car actually do not pass right now. unless you wait 15 years??
Old 04-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #13
ItalianYaris

well, I will have to do some research on it! I have friends that have brought different models of cars to the US. From my understanding, it is an easier process if the car is available in the US, which it is now! Also, i heard that i can bring it thru Canada. Im not sure yet! But for now, first, I have to wait till I get it cause my delivery date is first week of June. Then, next year when im done with school, and i move back home, hopefully i will have everything settle! Dont think is going to be a problem. Just hopefully it will be worth having the TS at home!
Old 04-27-2007, 02:17 PM   #14
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I'm no expert on the subject, but I remember hearing that you have to designate the car when it enters the states and if you designate it as a race spec automobile its less hassle because they don't hold it to the same stringent standards. Kind of oxymoronic with a Yaris, but is that true?
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #15
IllusionX

designate??

you can bring it any car in the country if it's not for street use. there are people who have brought faily new cars into north america, but those cars cannot be plated. at least, not untill they are not regulated anymore.