Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-14-2018, 10:22 PM   #1
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
Arrow König Dial-In wheel review

I know there is some mis-information out there on the quality of Konig wheels, So I wrote this review to show the truth.
http://www.armstrongfamilyblog.com/a...-season-review
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:17 AM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Solid review, glad the rims are working out for you. I also really enjoyed mine for DD'r use and their weight was unbelievable.

I should note that both my dial-ins and my now hypergram's both had very poor balancing my the factory in all 4 rims in both types.

Minimal wheel weights were able to correct this and I've had no issues at high speeds but the tire tech complained and said they were brutal with just the rim and he's never seen such bad balacing before.

Now for the price of the rims I don't mind and since it can be easily corrected it isn't really an issue. But this is important to note as some people may be alarmed when they get their new Konig's. You get what you pay for and these are great rims for the price but don't expect precision manufacturing from a sub $1000 rim
Old 02-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Solid review, glad the rims are working out for you. I also really enjoyed mine for DD'r use and their weight was unbelievable.

I should note that both my dial-ins and my now hypergram's both had very poor balancing my the factory in all 4 rims in both types.

Minimal wheel weights were able to correct this and I've had no issues at high speeds but the tire tech complained and said they were brutal with just the rim and he's never seen such bad balacing before.

Now for the price of the rims I don't mind and since it can be easily corrected it isn't really an issue. But this is important to note as some people may be alarmed when they get their new Konig's. You get what you pay for and these are great rims for the price but don't expect precision manufacturing from a sub $1000 rim
Did your "tire tech" spin the wheels bare on the machine before installing the tire? The wheel balancing is perfect, the issue of imbalance comes from how the tire is installed on the wheel.

Are the paint marks on your tires matched up to the valve stem location on the wheel? If so, then again if you install a "used" tire onto the wheel the tires balance has changed from wear.

Also, if minimal weights(less than 2oz) were used to balance the wheel/tire assembly then you have a solid match.
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kong dial in, wheels