Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
stevebo

Drives: 2007 sedan
Need help replacing acessory drive belt!!!

Hey guys, I have a problem with my 2007 Yaris sedan----I m way over due to replace the accessory drive belt, so I bought one at my local parts store. According to the maintenance manual all I have to do is loosen 2 bolts on the alternator and take the belt off. The top bolt was easy, but I wasnt able to break the bottom bolt loose-----there isnt much room to work with and its really tight. (I even used a good snapon 14 mm socket, and it was so tight the socket rotated and rounded off the nut-----at that point I stopped knowing that if I go much further Im going to break something.) Let me say this, Im no stranger to tools and engines----Ive been a professional aircraft mechanic for 20 years-----so whats the deal? Please tell me toyota didnt do something stupid like put a left hand threaded bolt in that position? Any suggestions? Im about to the point where Im going to have to take it to the dealer and let them get it loose----and that really ticks me off, since it would be a really cheap and easy job if I could the the #@@$*&&^^&***&$### lower bolt loose! Has any one else ran into this problem?
stevebo is offline   Reply With Quote