Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #1
ProCarParts

Drives: Acura RSX
Yaris Replica Fog Test Fit. ..SoCal..

edit 7/17: Big thanks to Todd for letting me test fit the fog lights on his ride. Thank you.

Hi, i am Eric from Pro Car Parts. We need a Yaris from the LA area to test fit a set of replica fog lights. We will install the fog lights and give the lights to the tester for free. If anyone is interested, please email me at EricZ@alfaotto.com to schedule a date and time.

our address is:
ProCarParts
9319 Telstar Ave.
El Monte, CA 91731 USA
Phone: 626-656-2900
Fax: 626-656-2901

Thank you for your time.
Eric

Last edited by ProCarParts; 07-17-2006 at 06:44 PM. Reason: No longer need test car
ProCarParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
Ohhhh...Nice..

E-mail sent..
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
ProCarParts

Thank you to all of you that sent me emails.
I have already test fitted the fog lights on Todd's Liftback Yaris.
the install was pretty easy, and took less time than i thought. the important thing was that no cutting on any part of the bumper was needed. the wire harness do need to extension and modification. i will have the install instruction once i got more of the lights in.

so picture time :)

^with the lights on

hope you guys like it.
eric
Old 07-15-2006, 06:19 PM   #4
weeze-dog

Drives: 2002 Ford Focus ZX3
According to carsdirect.com, the fog lights factory installed are only $110? Thats CHEAP (for my Scion tC they wanted $425, talk about BS).
What price is procarparts planning on selling them for?
What kind of quality are we talking?
I would be a little learly to buy after the ProCarParts quality and customer service disaster experience I had when I purchased an intake from you guys direct from ebay for my tC.
weeze-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:36 PM   #5
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze-dog
I would be a little learly to buy after the ProCarParts quality and customer service disaster experience I had when I purchased an intake from you guys direct from ebay for my tC.
Yikes! I was all for the fogs, but I guess i'll hold off until Todd puts up his review.

Is that the switch that comes with your (ProCarParts) fog kit, or is it a switch from Toyota?
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #6
weeze-dog

They deal in volume, but their customer service leaves alot to be desired. Product quality is questionable. You can make your own decisions, here's their feedback on ebay:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rocarparts.com

On average they get 2 negative feedbacks a day.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:14 AM   #7
Toddhata

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback, 00 Boxster
Send a message via AIM to Toddhata Send a message via Yahoo to Toddhata
The fog lights from ProCarParts look and work very good. The quality looks like OEM, perfect fit, the install was very easy. Removed front end, snapped out the black plastic inserts, snapped in the fog light housings, screwed in the lights, ran the wires, put it all back together.

The switch is from ProCarParts, but looks OEM like, excellent fit in the center console. One other option I was considering was removing the dimming light control next to the power mirror controls, since I never change the lighting levels, but I went with the center console since I had extra spots.

Eric was great to deal with, I do recommend this fog light setup, good product. Looks so much better than those black plastic inserts without the fog lights, that was really bugging me.

Toddhata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:15 AM   #8
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
sounds good. $110 from Toyota is good price, but you can't actually buy from toyota so far, so

fuK toyota.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:16 AM   #9
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

p.s. BOOSTY!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:24 AM   #10
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD_Yaris
sounds good. $110 from Toyota is good price, but you can't actually buy from toyota so far, so

fuK toyota.
You should have known, that price is when ORDERING one from Toyota.. you can't get the fog light "kit" from their parts dept. for $110.

Someone here priced out how much to do their Yaris at the dealer.. between parts and labor it was over $600.. and, $4xx something without labor.

Todd, what bulb size is ProCarParts using in the fog lights?
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
weeze-dog

Well when TRDSparks or McGeorge Parts get the item in, it will considerably less than the outrageous $600 BS the dealer said. Sounds like that dealer just didnt want to mess with it, and therefore quoted an extra high price so that the owner would only do it if they were dead set serious on it.

I'm not saying dont order from ProCarParts, just be wary, my experience was not very good. The CAI pictured on ebay was not what I received. It worked, but it was a very poor design. What was pictued on ebay was a nice one-peice CAI. What I received was an intake in like 4 peices with rubber connecting boots. All they did was show a pic of a custom intake, then shipped out an intake made out of stock bends. I could have made that myself for $15.
They only responded to one of my e-mails, asking me to submit pictures.
I submitted pictures, and they never responded to my e-mails for the next 3 weeks. I did a paypal dispute, of which I won because they never responded to it. I got 100% of my money back. Then like 2 weeks after winning the dispute, I received an e-mail from them pretty much begging me to ship the parts back to them "at no cost to me" of course, so that they could resell it to some other poor sap. Of course they wanted it back, since I now had it and my money. I probably shouldnt have sent it back.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:18 PM   #12
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

yeah, you're right. i won't be able to purchase the fog lights for the $110..even though the guy in the service department assured me that it would be cool

so, time to go "test drive" a few of their cars this week for fun
passive aggression rox.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:44 PM   #13
ProCarParts

Hello everybody,

i don't know how much the replicas will cost as of now. will have to wait til the shipment gets here and see how much they go for in the market.

The fog lights use H11 bulbs.

the switch is the OEM switch's replica, so the shape is the same. maybe not the little fog light icon on the face is the same as the OEM, but it will still fit like OEM ones.

also, the wiring harness is NOT OEM. it is an universal wiring harness. so the harness' the positive terminal must be connected to the battery for the fog to work. which means it will stay on as long as you have it turn on, even when the car is off. i don't really like this kind of harness but it is the only one that i got from the light's manufacturer.

Well if any of you guys have questions about the fog lights or anything PCP sells, send me an email at EricZ@alfaotto.com.

thank you.
eric
R&D
Old 07-18-2006, 01:47 AM   #14
Toddhata

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback, 00 Boxster
Send a message via AIM to Toddhata Send a message via Yahoo to Toddhata
Eric, thanks for the fitting, they work great, no problems at all.

Chris, I think they're 4" lights, haven't measured, but they seem about that size.
Toddhata is offline   Reply With Quote