Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
SoCal Yaris Meet and Mt. Baldy Cruise

Hey YW peeps!

Some pics of this meet were posted in the SoCal section, but since not everyone wanders into that area, I thought to post mine here.

After something like a year of discussing it, we finally got an old school Yaris meet on the calendar. It's been quite some time since we made one happen. Deng suggested Cafe 86 in Chino, CA, which served as the perfect backdrop given that the cafe is owned by an AE86 owner/enthusiast/club member. The cafe is decorated with AE86 imagery and toys, so the Toyota love was in full effect, and everyone that made it out was super cool.

Not everyone from the forum was able to attend, so we're hoping for even more faces next time out. We're kicking around the idea of doing a Malibu cruise/lunch in a month, or two, so if you're local, stay tuned. I also had the idea of maybe trying to pull together a NorCal SoCal meet. Could make Fresno, or somewhere in Central CA the location, but that would obviously require a bit more coordination...

After the meet, my better half, her two brothers and I cruised up to Mt. Baldy for a few more pics.
Attached Images

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Wow. Some nicely modified cars there. Fun get together.

Mt. Baldy is a great drive. I was just talking to my wife this weekend about driving up there one of these days. Last year, when we were driving up the mountain, a deer ran across the highway ahead of us. Fortunately, there was very little traffic. The restaurant at the top is a bit grungy, but there is a nice fireplace for cold winter days... and they have decent enough veggie burgers.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #3
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Wow. Some nicely modified cars there. Fun get together.

Mt. Baldy is a great drive. I was just talking to my wife this weekend about driving up there one of these days. Last year, when we were driving up the mountain, a deer ran across the highway ahead of us. Fortunately, there was very little traffic. The restaurant at the top is a bit grungy, but there is a nice fireplace for cold winter days... and they have decent enough veggie burgers.
Funny you mention deer --we had 3 of them run across the highway just up in front of us. Fortunately, we had enough room to stop. For a number of reasons, I would not want to come into contact with one of them. That would be all bad.

On Wheelwell
Old 01-31-2018, 09:03 PM   #4
zimmer

Drives: 2011 Yaris Sedan
Awesome meet up! Looks a great time for you guys.
zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:06 PM   #5
ABSPLASTIC

Drives: Twin-charged rotary V8 w/nos
I wish I had that day covered ): on the upside, I got to meet daddz07 the day before
ABSPLASTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #6
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
Awesome meet up! Looks a great time for you guys.
If you're ever in CA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSPLASTIC View Post
I wish I had that day covered ): on the upside, I got to meet daddz07 the day before
Hopefully we can catch-up on the next one!

On Wheelwell
Old 02-05-2018, 03:58 PM   #7
daddz07

Drives: Yaris 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to daddz07
Quote:
Absplsatic...you should come to the next meet..old school style..

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
daddz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #8
zoidberg444

Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Funny you mention deer --we had 3 of them run across the highway just up in front of us. Fortunately, we had enough room to stop. For a number of reasons, I would not want to come into contact with one of them. That would be all bad.
Deer are a real pain. I was up in Scotland a few years back on the west coast driving on some remote road at 11PM at night. Hadn't seen another car for over an hour. All of a sudden I'm sailing past deer running along the wrong side of the road at 60mph.

Considering the damage I did to my sisters Honda by killing a badger one night I think hitting a deer might be bye bye for the Yaris.

Nice pics though. Some of California is very pretty. I'd love to explore more of it one day.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:44 PM   #9
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg444 View Post
Deer are a real pain. I was up in Scotland a few years back on the west coast driving on some remote road at 11PM at night. Hadn't seen another car for over an hour. All of a sudden I'm sailing past deer running along the wrong side of the road at 60mph.

Considering the damage I did to my sisters Honda by killing a badger one night I think hitting a deer might be bye bye for the Yaris.

Nice pics though. Some of California is very pretty. I'd love to explore more of it one day.
Wow; that must have been a trip! I agree, hitting a deer would be all bad.

Some of my beloved home state is definitely beautiful. The politics, gun laws, business regulations, cost of living, etc., not so much lol. If you get the chance, Yosemite and Sequoia are a must see.

On Wheelwell
Old 02-07-2018, 06:52 PM   #10
ABSPLASTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddz07 View Post
Absplsatic...you should come to the next meet..old school style..

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
If it was somewhat of a halfway point for me and I'm not on call I will definitely tag along!
Old 02-07-2018, 09:31 PM   #11
zoidberg444

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Wow; that must have been a trip! I agree, hitting a deer would be all bad.

Some of my beloved home state is definitely beautiful. The politics, gun laws, business regulations, cost of living, etc., not so much lol. If you get the chance, Yosemite and Sequoia are a must see.
Yes. I have been to Yosemite and up through the mountains over to Arizona. Back through the mammoth lakes area. I've also been to Monterey, LA and SF. I didn't get a chance to see the Seqoias when i was there sadly. I might in the future though if i go back.

I'd live in just about any other state except CA if i was a yank. Its expensive and very overcrowded. I liked Arizona a lot more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2018, 11:44 PM   #12
ABSPLASTIC

You need to come back and check out Tahoe (:

Yes, California can be very yank/yuppie, but you have to understand that it's no different than New York and a few other busy states.

If you do plan on venturing back to the US, post something in advance. Maybe this forum can help you survive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg444 View Post
Yes. I have been to Yosemite and up through the mountains over to Arizona. Back through the mammoth lakes area. I've also been to Monterey, LA and SF. I didn't get a chance to see the Seqoias when i was there sadly. I might in the future though if i go back.

I'd live in just about any other state except CA if i was a yank. Its expensive and very overcrowded. I liked Arizona a lot more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #13
zoidberg444

Quote:
You need to come back and check out Tahoe (:

Yes, California can be very yank/yuppie, but you have to understand that it's no different than New York and a few other busy states.

If you do plan on venturing back to the US, post something in advance. Maybe this forum can help you survive!
Yeah. I've been to New York. Upstate is pretty nice. So are Vermont and New Hampshire but NYC itself... Its an experience. There is nowhere like it but I don't know how people live there!

I've been to 13 states. Still got plenty to see. I do think at some point if i got laid off from work or changed jobs and had enough savings and no mortgage I might come over to the US for 6 months. Buy a cheap vehicle and spend 6 months on the road to see as much as possible.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #14
firebird1999us

Drives: 2003 Mach 1
Nice S front end on the white car with the S bumper! What wheels are those?

Also is the rear passenger window tipped out in that one shot? Need some more details on that! I've got an 09 and have always thought the back windows should crack like that!
firebird1999us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #15
Bugz

Drives: 2010 Toyota Vitz/Yaris

Love the pics. Wish I could've been a part of the trip.
(Since I'm all the way in JA I guess I could just photoshop my ride in there
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:36 AM   #16
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
I'm jealous haha. I don't think there's anyone around me at all that gives a crap about the Yaris except as a commuter... besides me, that is.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #17
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
^^^ LOL. Little Old Lady car. That's who seems to be driving most of the Yaris I see on the road.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #18
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird1999us View Post
Nice S front end on the white car with the S bumper! What wheels are those?

Also is the rear passenger window tipped out in that one shot? Need some more details on that! I've got an 09 and have always thought the back windows should crack like that!
That back window is tipped out, but that pic was taken from the BMW, not a Yaris.

Never thought about it, but now that you mention it, I'd love it if our rear windows had that feature.

On Wheelwell