Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Cars for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
FS: Turbo'd Yaris - Ohio

ChinoCharles:

Quote:
I'm going to try and sell my Yaris in 2011.

This is a quick, generalized feeler thread in case there is a buyer with an immediate interest. If not I will edit this post with a more complete description in the next month or so.

Asking $8000. More info here: http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...-s-Turbo-Yaris

I have over a grand in the headlights alone. I have almost 3 grand into the turbo system and associated goodies. 71,000 miles. Has been garage kept for over a year now. Saw a few winters as a DD but has been a toy recently. Pulls hard. (As evidenced by my speeding ticket this past weekend) Runs a 14.9 quarter mile at 93 MPH with me in the seat. May go faster if you know how to drive. Price includes 8 speaker Alpine Type X sound system (mids and tweeters) plus 2 amps, 10 piece arto fiberglass widebody kit, new battery.

Note: I have absolutely no interest in parting the car out at all. If I don't find a buyer (and I'm certainly prepared for the possibility that I won't) I'll just keep it. I don't have to sell it. I'd just like to. Please don't ask if I'd like to part it out. I would CONSIDER trading it for a lower mileage stock-ish Yaris S sedan, but please only contact me on a trade deal if you're serious and ready to part with your current vehicle. If your car has over 50,000 miles don't bother. Of course and as always, if you aren't interested in the car please show me the respect of not posting opinions in this thread. Thanks in advance.

If anyone wants a reason (these are often followed with "why?") it has nothing to do with this community or the Yaris in general. I love the car and trust me when I say it was a decision that took a long time to come to. I'm trying to be more fiscally responsible and it is an expensive summer toy for a twenty-something. That is all. It is a great start to what could be a great car but I don't have the time, money or garage space to do it justice, so if someone would like to adopt the project I'd be willing to part with it. I currently carry almost $450/month in car payments and this sale would knock that down to zero. The right thing often sucks and this is no exception, but I know its the right thing.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me through the years. I'm going to miss this community quite a bit, but its just time.

If interested please don't message me here or reply to this thread as I will be checking it infrequently. Your best bet is to e-mail me: charlesluzar (at) gmail (dot) com
More info here: http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...-SALE-My-Yaris

This is not my car - it's ChinoCharles's car. Just posting for him.

Last edited by 33OH; 01-05-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
oh the beauty
Old 01-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Well, I finally got my prosthesis! And for a temporary, it looks bad ass. I bought 3k 2x2 twill fabric for my permanent and they are gonna send the new (permanent) one off to get it put on and clear-resin coated so it'll have that 3D look. The one in the pics is really not a temporary, but since it' all workers comp they went high end for me:-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-01-28_12.02.37.jpg (54.0 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-01-28_12.02.52.jpg (114.9 KB, 172 views)
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 01-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ wow that's amazing. Hope it works really well for you.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Is'nt workers comp for when you get hurt on the job only?
Would'nt this be a disability case instead?
I like the running shoe, good choice!

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
Old 01-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
sleey0

I was working.

I work for WWTS as a Computer Tech or "QSP" as they call us.

So when I am on my way to a client and counting miles, I'm on the job.

Disability not so much - you have to be disabled for over 1 year and I am not sure it'll be that long for me. It might and it is back-payable so my lawyer said to hold off on the disability stuff for now.

Bah, that's what my attorney's are for. I do what they say;)
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 01-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
hachi-roku_fan

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla
Well the thread is off topic, but I'm glad that from what its seems, it seems like you are in good spirits, sleey0. Good luck and I hope for a speedy recovery
Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
sleey0

hachi

Your posts are what KEEP ME GOING. You don't understand (and no one can possibly) how it is too live in a wheelchair, missing a limb, people stare, etc.

Having not foot is by far the WEIRDEST thing I have ever felt but I am pretty used to it now.

Now I just need a couple of weeks to train on my carbon fiber limb and I should be driving either chino's turbo yaris or some other Yaris I'll find here or somewhere.

It's a good thing chino wasn't looking to move his car quickly,that would've taken me out of the running lol.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Closed Thread