Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Fuel Pump Relay

I am trying to help oneone on another forum who is having a problem with their ECHO. Since ECHOs and Yaris's are the same in many ways, is what Im telling him possible?

He says his car starts and runs normally most of the time. Everything checks out. Then it will crank but not start. The next day...its starts and runs normally.

I told him check the fuel pump relay. I had a car that did this exact same thing and the fuel pump replay was intermittent. Replacing the relay solved the problem.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
digitalrain

Drives: 2011 yaris rs
Funny, just went throught something like this with an older Honda Accord. Our buddy was sure it was the fuel pump relay behind the dashboard. We ended up outside in the Cineplex parking lot for an hour. NO tools and a smoking hot lot. Same symptoms as the Echo.

It ended up being a bad distributor.

Could very well be the fuel pump relay though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
I am trying to help oneone on another forum who is having a problem with their ECHO. Since ECHOs and Yaris's are the same in many ways, is what Im telling him possible?

He says his car starts and runs normally most of the time. Everything checks out. Then it will crank but not start. The next day...its starts and runs normally.

I told him check the fuel pump relay. I had a car that did this exact same thing and the fuel pump replay was intermittent. Replacing the relay solved the problem.
digitalrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
bronsin

I had an Accord with the distributor problem. It was replaced by Honda for free even though the car had 100,000 miles + on it and we werent the origional owners.

Of course the echo doesnt has a distributor...
Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
digitalrain

Drives: 2011 yaris rs
haha, pwned me on that! thank goodness never had to pay a cent for repairs on the Echo. Btw were you the original owner on the Accord?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
I had an Accord with the distributor problem. It was replaced by Honda for free even though the car had 100,000 miles + on it and we werent the origional owners.

Of course the echo doesnt has a distributor...
digitalrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
bronsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalrain View Post
haha, pwned me on that! thank goodness never had to pay a cent for repairs on the Echo. Btw were you the original owner on the Accord?

No I wasnt. And there was another person in the shop with the same problem. They only had one distributor. We were first in line and we got it and the other guy had to wait a week to get his car running...