Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Will-I-Am

Drives: Toyota Yaris Track prepped
Track Yaris from the Netherlands

Hi guys

I'm William and from the Netherlands. I drive a track prepped Toyota Yaris MK1

Original 1.3 car with 0 options and 2nzfe
Swapped to 1nz-fe
Stripped interior
Lots of strut braces/swaybars and coil overs with custom spring rates
semi slick tyres
Custom full exhaust
Rollcage, bucketseats, 6 point seatbelts
etc etc

Car is being raced in the Dutch Time Attack competition, track days and the Nurburgring / Nordschleiffe

Cheers!

Will-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
nice. that's a true MK1 with the antenna at the front.

facelifted MK1 (teardrop headlight) has the antenna at the back :)
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
Badass

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
awesome.. why do some runs you have different headlamp assemblies?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Will-I-Am

On track i use a morette headlamp with a custom tube for cold air feed, But on the Nurburgring you arent allowed to drive with that setup as it is technically a german motorway with all rules off the german highway code (no right overtaking, lights on etc)
Old 11-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
ilikerice

Interesting.. I didn't know that
Old 11-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Nice looking car.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
ilikerice

All we have are the sedans here in the states.. But god I love those hatches so much.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
Will-I-Am

STOP!

Supercharger time!

Its a complete TTE Supercharger kit. Took everything off today and removed the bearings as there is a lot of play on them, Gonna replace them all. The rest of the kit is in perfect shape so won't take long for it to be completed and installed!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #10
ilikerice

Lmao. Well done gifs
Old 11-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #11
Will-I-Am

New bearings have arrived! They are SFK made type-3 bearings which will handle 35.000 rpm. So shouldn't be a problem for the charger as it only revs to 12.000 rpm max.

If anyone is doing a TTE charger refurb and needs the bearing type nr's just give me a PM. Putting the charger back together on monday and hopefully install it on the car very soon!
Old 11-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #12
ilikerice

How much boost is this charger pushing?
Old 11-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
Will-I-Am

i'd say max 0,5/0,6 bar. You could increase that by fitting a lightweight pulley but your stock internals will only take max that amount of pressure, You should fit some uprated springs and seats and maybe some con rods if you want to push it with more bars
Old 11-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #14
Will-I-Am

Put the charger back together with new bearings and installed everything. Now on the hunt for a new belt. We can't use the belt from the kit because i don't have AC, so need to find a new one with the precise length needed. Hopefully we will find one tomorrow and start her up!
Old 11-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #15
Will-I-Am

She's home! and o my, she is quick xD

Installation went ok, we ran into some problems regarding the bracket of the alternator etc but nothing some spacers and washers couldn't fix. The belt we used is a 4PK1440 but i'm gonna replace it with an 4PK155 because its just so much easier to put on and off where as the 1440 is really tight!

Its really quick! the charger is brutal. Put my foot down a couple of times and had to turn around to pick up my intestines haha. Should be really fun on the track! Munching Vtec bwahahaha omnomnom
Old 11-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #16
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Based on your picture above, the TTE SC looks identical to the Blitz, so I would definitely be interested in the bearing part numbers for future reference.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
Will-I-Am

sooooo

Charger is up and running, well it costed me a belt due to a nut not being tightened enough causing the belt to tear along it, but now thanks to some handy search work i used a industrial Gates 4PK1455 ES belt which is used for tractors and busses haha.

Quote:
Based on your picture above, the TTE SC looks identical to the Blitz, so I would definitely be interested in the bearing part numbers for future reference.
Yep, both blitz and TTE kits are the same apart from some small things. Both use Ogura chargers wich can be serviced. It just depends if you have the kit with 1 pulley or 2

There are 5 bearings which are best to replace or upgrade, Just 2 types, 1 is from Toyota themselves (Made in Korea, lol) 1 is from Ogura (the manufacturer of the charger, Made in Japan) 2 of them are small and 3 are larger ones. The charger itself & pulleys revs up to 12.000 rpm so don't use any bearing because the wrong one will burn and lock up and you charger can go into the bin.

Removing of the bearings is pretty straight forward. Just use a press and a large socket wrench size 22/24 to push them out, Or a hammer

So after some research i did for the refurbishment of the bearings i found some replacements

Manufacturer: SKF

Model nr:

6301-2RSH/C3 (2x) These are the small ones
6303-2RSH/C3 (3x) These are the larger ones

The C3 code is important because those are heavy duty bearings which will take up to 35.000 RPM!!

cheers
Old 12-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #18
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will-I-Am View Post
sooooo

Charger is up and running, well it costed me a belt due to a nut not being tightened enough causing the belt to tear along it, but now thanks to some handy search work i used a industrial Gates 4PK1455 ES belt which is used for tractors and busses haha.

Yep, both blitz and TTE kits are the same apart from some small things. Both use Ogura chargers wich can be serviced. It just depends if you have the kit with 1 pulley or 2

There are 5 bearings which are best to replace or upgrade, Just 2 types, 1 is from Toyota themselves (Made in Korea, lol) 1 is from Ogura (the manufacturer of the charger, Made in Japan) 2 of them are small and 3 are larger ones. The charger itself & pulleys revs up to 12.000 rpm so don't use any bearing because the wrong one will burn and lock up and you charger can go into the bin.

Removing of the bearings is pretty straight forward. Just use a press and a large socket wrench size 22/24 to push them out, Or a hammer

So after some research i did for the refurbishment of the bearings i found some replacements

Manufacturer: SKF

Model nr:

6301-2RSH/C3 (2x) These are the small ones
6303-2RSH/C3 (3x) These are the larger ones

The C3 code is important because those are heavy duty bearings which will take up to 35.000 RPM!!

cheers
Excellent! Thanks for that info. Those are pretty inexpensive bearings, which makes a rebuild quite reasonable.