Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #55
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
How in the hell do you not know where or what you want out of your audio system and how would you know what the guy knows or thinks? The guy is an audio rep I am sure he has some knowledge of car audio but to what extent . I am not saying he is a genius or anything but I am sure of the sound he wanted was not there. I am only speculating on his behalf but I am certain the audio was not where he wanted it or he would not have messed with it. If your audio is set up where you want it do you mess with it???????????????????????? EXACTLY
audio rep = sales guy

90+ % of the sales people i've met don't know very much past what they have read in the propaganda that is given to them from the distributors & product companies.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #56
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Anyhow, back to the original topic...

I gotta turn my music up real loud to listen to it! Why, because I am frigging deaf from listening to loud music when I was younger!

Seriously, all it takes is a little "situational awareness" if you driving around with your music up load. It is worse in an open Jeep because 1) everyone can hear your music because there is nothing containing it, and 2) the stereos on my Jeeps are crap!

So, when I am driving down the road I keep the volume up a bit; but in traffic I turn it down (usually). Sure, sometimes I "share" my ZZ Top or AC/DC with others; but if I notice someone being bothered by it I turn it down. Trust me, it is easy to tell from their dirty looks!

And therein lies the problem with these thump-thump chumps and their bass monster stereos, they derive obvious pleasure from their annoyance of others! They somehow think their distorted music is impressive, but I would expect anyone other than a pre-pubescent teenager thinks it is annoying. Same holds true for those embarrassing fart cans that are so prevalent on ricers, they are not performance enhancing and if anything are detrimental to the engine. But it is funny to hear one wind up (sounds like a bee in a coffee can) and the car is still not going anywhere fast! I occasionally succumb to my "inner teenager" when I am in the Jeep and show them how fast the Wrangler's 4.0L I6 really is, just to embarrass the runny-nosed punks a bit. But that usually costs me $5 in gas to do so....

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:43 AM   #57
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
...The day you could knock me anywhere would be a cold day in hell. Flexibility is an attribute I have fun with. I work very well in any control point. Don't worry; you don't know what that means. Get to Bettendorf and you MAY have an inkling...

As for the 300c it's a nice show car. I don't see any pics of any SPL championships or IASCA, USACI, or MECA championship trophies by that 300c. You won't show me any either. It's a vehicle made for show. Too bad the shop doesn't have a website...

I really do appreciate the 300c BUUUUT it's not your work or your car. Again, I won't see you standing in the SQ lanes.

This is the last shop that I came from:

http://www.oregonsoundchoice.com/

Call it if you want, ask for Rich Clapp (the owner). If you'd like, ask him if Jim H. ever worked with him. A lot of our clients do not wish to be placed at least by name in the public's eye. As backwards as you might think I am, I won't give them up to satisfy any curiosity. There are some 2008 installs he may have up that I don't have some installation or participation in...

That is because the new shop has been started.

Personally I couldn't care less what products you use, It's not the products I'm dogging. It's the person. The ID rep is a lush, pure and simple. I don't enjoy dealing with salespeople who can't control themselves. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that.

...The bassheads can spontaneously combust after 10pm and before 8am. How's that for a middle ground? My previous statement stands. To reiterate, I can separate my personal feelings from the work I do. I'm glad to read that you are indeed angelic and without ANY negative sentiment whatsoever. I live in reality though. Everyone does indeed make mistakes...but three times? Three times this guy has put himself behind the wheel of a deadly weapon? That does literally in DEED make him a scum. Sorry to keep it so real. If he had killed or injured you or one of your friends, family...whatever, you might understand my side. Maybe that's how you live, in a world that everything is perfect. People that don't take responsibility for their own actions need a twist to realign their head squarely.

To show that I'm not a total hater on the bassheads, pay attention to this forum over the next couple months...you'll understand.

Last edited by sqcomp; 04-20-2009 at 03:01 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:44 AM   #58
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
to get this back on the original topic...my system sounds nice. I don't crank it after dark or when going through residential areas. I don't have it loud anywhere I am worried about someone hearing it and breaking into the car to steal my goodies.

I DO crank it when I show it off to people. I DO crank it when I am cruising on a back road or the highway. I DO crank it when some POS Honda rolls up behind me playing ghetto rap through a blown 10".

oh yeah, and I DO crank it when someone tells me I need to turn it down. go ahead and flip me off...I have earplugs in my center consol...I will make your rear view mirror shake...
Old 04-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #59
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

...I didn't think you'd understand about Bettendorf, don't worry about it. It's a "position" thing.

And no, I won't see you in the SQ lanes. You won't be there. There's a difference between a God complex and reality. The latter is where I am. I know I'll never have enough expertise to be equal to your audio toys shop but hey, I'm okay with that. My work speaks for itself. There's nothing like the feel of an exotic that you've done work on. But hey, it's no 300c. Those clients trust me with their babies...and will continue to do so because of the care, attention to detail, and expertise I bring.

When karma has an opportunity to come back to me on this subject, I'll do juuuuuust fine. I'm not worried about it. I've been around the block several times.

Again, I don't hate some of the people I've done work for (for the most part), thier decisions on the other hand, that's another story. We just disagree on whether thinking that when people do bad things they should be called out on it. I don't have a problem with it, I don't cower behind the idea of being soft spoken and demure to rake in a dollar. You pay for my advice (which you won't), you'll get my professional advice. You ask my opinion, oh I'll tell you, no worries on that.

As far as the alchoholic rep, he can't drive anymore for a while. We're actually storing his car at the shop to use for demos. Anything wrong with that picture? Nope. I've told him what I think of his drinking and driving. We've moved on. We order from Image Dynamics and will continue to do so. We sell a lot of ID's equipment and will continue to do so. That company makes great equipment, it's not them I have a perosnal issue with.

To keep with the topic (finally), you'll see a project vehicle over the next few months that totally flips what you think that I believe about bassheads...

I have pictures and video now but it's all the dissasembly and sounddamping (boring) stuff. It's a nice little shop car that we're using with Exile Audio to demo their product. Stand by for some pics over the next few months.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #60
Mobius1
Installer

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
This is the worst thread ever
Mobius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #61
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
This is the worst thread ever
agreed.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #62
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
agreed.
what?! you must not be reading the same thread i am. this is pure gold.

anyway since this thread has lost any hope of redemption, i'm gonna ask another question...

what's with cops in these unmarked police cars!? it's so annoying to be speeding down the road weaving in and out of traffic just to see some freakin malibu pull out onto the road with lights flashing. and yes i know it kinda doesn't matter i'm still in the wrong no matter who is pulling me over but still, it's annoying. and really if stupid ass people wouldn't drive side by side blocking all three lanes going 5 to 10 miles slower than the speed limit i wouldn't have to speed up and weave between them.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 AM   #63
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Yeah...It's partly my fault too.

I apologize for that. Just a big argument over semantics really...
Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 AM   #64
pariahdecss
Yarisomniac

Drives: 2009 5spd LB
agreed - this thread has me questioning my faith in humanity . . . and it just won't die

oh wait I am partially to blame for that
pariahdecss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #65
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
LOOOUUUUDDDDD NOIIIIIISSSSEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!
WHAT ARE WE YELLING ABOUT?????

Sorry, I just finished q-tiping the blood out of my ears. lol.

BUMP
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote