Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #37
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Oh come on Cali...

If you knew me, you wouldn't have said that. Thank you for the compliment though calling me "youngster". It is quite possible that I'm older than you.

Ol boy (literally) has ruined the sound in his setup due to his lack of control and constant "tinkering" with his system. The other downfall for this guy is that he has no self control. He has multiple DUIIs in this NICE demo vehicle and smokes like a chimney.

Oh, and yes, I have called him out on these points...TO HIS FACE. He readily admitted that he has to have the shop re-tune the vehicle and how bad the police are around his area because they "pick" on him.

Well...If I'm on patrol and I know a local wino is in front of me, I'm going to use common sense and let the alcohol bring him down.

As for me having the nuts? Again, if you knew me you wouldn't say that. But you don't, you don't know my experience, you don't know what I do professionally. I haven't called you out personally and until now I respected what you say when it comes to anything audio. This is unfortunate.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #38
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
ooh game on.. lol

Quote:
until now I respected what you say when it comes to anything audio.
Why? I don't know anything about audio.

I'm glad you said that his demo-ing of eminem at a loud volume was "really pitiful and creepy" to his face. That was your post. AND your post attached that to his AGE, there's no denying this point.

now you post this, which has NOTHING to do with his age, as some sort of explanation for the previous post.

Quote:
Ol boy (literally) has ruined the sound in his setup due to his lack of control and constant "tinkering" with his system. The other downfall for this guy is that he has no self control. He has multiple DUIIs in this NICE demo vehicle and smokes like a chimney.
How is that even connected to what you said before? Sorry man, makes no sense.

You can have your balls back though -- if you really said what you quoted yourself as saying.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #39
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

...Simply because that was part of the conversation at the time the rep was complaining about his system.

He started railing on the Vancouver PD for pulling him over two nights previously for the...THIRD DUII.

Having experience in both professions he was railing on, I absolutely know it was he alone who had messed up his system and demos Eminem to the younger kids because he thinks that's all they listen too.

My original point was to give an example of ignorance at it's worst.

I apologize that it made no sense, it was part of the actual conversation while he and I were talking about the setup of the car at the shop. Then I took the car in and helped tune it...now I hear he can't drive it anymore. Guess why?
Old 04-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #40
mastaofdisasta

Drives: yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
like what is it about your personalities that makes you think everyone else wants to hear your crappy ass music? really i don't get it. what are you trying to prove? i mean for god's sake your car sounds like its about to rattle itself apart. does that not seem somewhat excessive?

and just so everyone understands i don't mean those audiophiles that have upgraded their systems so that they sound more clear and crisp. i don't mean you guys. i understand wanting to have better quality. what i don't understand however is the need to be a rolling radio station. yes i get it ur super... gangsta, rockin, country... or whatever. now turn it down. nobody cares but you.

gtfo my yaris world. dont bash, dont hate, dont talk.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #41
mr. poopyhead

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS hatch
the same reason why people try to get 200W of power out of their crappy ipod earbuds...

if all i hear is distortion from 20ft away, then you're an idiot... i hope they go deaf...
mr. poopyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #42
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
He has a point. What makes you think others want to listen to your music? Common courtesy, people.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #43
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Posts deleted, OP PMed. Sorry about that folks, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #44
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaofdisasta View Post
gtfo my yaris world. dont bash, dont hate, dont talk.
interesting point. i'll definitely mull that over.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #45
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Posts deleted, OP PMed. Sorry about that folks, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

so who got a PM? what did i miss? dang this blasted day job, i always miss the drama.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #46
IsLNdbOi

I weep for the future of the country and of the English language.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #47
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ I think there is a mistake with your syntax

but anyways....
Quote:
Then I took the car in and helped tune it...now I hear he can't drive it anymore. Guess why?
I'm sure you made a 1000% improvement. I have read your posts and have been impressed with your knowledge of mobile audio. Like I said, it's not my thing; at least I know better than to fiddle with the knobs.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #48
IsLNdbOi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ I think there is a mistake with your syntax

but anyways....

I'm sure you made a 1000% improvement. I have read your posts and have been impressed with your knowledge of mobile audio. Like I said, it's not my thing; at least I know better than to fiddle with the knobs.
Even if there is a grammatical error, it's still not as bad as some of the posts I read around here everyday.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #49
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ that's for sure... umm... fo sho!
Old 04-18-2009, 02:54 AM   #50
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I didn't improve it 1000%. I put it back to where the customer wanted it before he screwed it up.

The car needs a bit more tweaking, it could use a layer of Ensolite over the entire car, the two way CXS64 needs a midrange and needs to go to an active crossover setup. The soundstage is a bit low even with the tweeters in the a pillar. The aiming of the tweeters (and the mid bass as well) should be slightly different. Time alignment would help as well...

Still for most listeners, it is a VERY nice soundsystem. At this point, it's better that mine...since I'm stock...my equipment is gathering in a cubby whole at the shop.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #51
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
like what is it about your personalities that makes you think everyone else wants to hear your crappy ass music? really i don't get it. what are you trying to prove? i mean for god's sake your car sounds like its about to rattle itself apart. does that not seem somewhat excessive?

and just so everyone understands i don't mean those audiophiles that have upgraded their systems so that they sound more clear and crisp. i don't mean you guys. i understand wanting to have better quality. what i don't understand however is the need to be a rolling radio station. yes i get it ur super... gangsta, rockin, country... or whatever. now turn it down. nobody cares but you.
completely understand why you are ranting.... but don't think coming into this forum to post what you did is really the proper way to go about venting. I could do the same thing in the "performance" section of this forum and complain about many peoples exhaust setups. Would end up pissing off 90% of the people in that part of the forum too... and solving squat.

Comes off very aggressive.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #52
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
completely understand why you are ranting.... but don't think coming into this forum to post what you did is really the proper way to go about venting. I could do the same thing in the "performance" section of this forum and complain about many peoples exhaust setups. Would end up pissing off 90% of the people in that part of the forum too... and solving squat.

Comes off very aggressive.
yeah i think passive aggressive is an accurate description of the behavior i'm exhibiting by pointlessly venting about something on an internet forum instead of addressing the problem directly. but oh well. no one every said venting made sense. it just makes you feel better to get it out sometimes.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #53
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
Obviously it was not where he wanted it if he screwed it up messing with it.
Dude doesn't understand where it was... or where he wanted it... Dude only knows relative comparisons like "I want more".

when it comes to almost anything.... and especially audio equipment...
People don't mean to mess stuff up, they just get greedy and want more and more, and don't realize what they are doing.

dude wanted a volume knob that went to infinity, tried to "tweak it" so he could get that, but had no understanding of waves (electronic signals) and probably just as little knowledge on acoustics. Classic story, see it in most cars fitted with dual 12's. (yes that's a stereotype.... one that exists for a reason)

Simply put, people are really ignorant, (usually by choice). I have all the sympathy in the world for people who are not educated, but none for those who CHOSE to be ignorant.

Last edited by talnlnky; 04-18-2009 at 09:49 PM.
talnlnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #54
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Well, after that little message from you camelll...I suppose I wouldn't want to do any work on your vehicle just as much as you wouldn't want me to. BUT you wouldn't know what shop I'm at and you probably wouldn't come to it because it's not a big box retailer. The difference is that if you DID come in to the shop REGARDLESS of what I thought about you personally, I can separate my feelings about you from the job you pay me to do. My first install was on a 1996 Dodge Viper which was owned by an adult film movie producer. Yeah he was a bit slimy, but in the end, he had the system he asked for, it was installed very well, AND it came in below the quoted price.

The shop does work for this drunk rep because he pays us to...because the installers and owners are very VERY good. I won't speak for my work because I simply don't have to justify my work to you.

Your speculations however are a little off the mark. He messed with his system because he thought he might get better ambiance, linear sounstage presence, and better tonality. Well, he didn't get it in the way he thought he could and he didn't know how to get back to ground zero. This client also only REALLY knows about the subjective numbers and abilities of his line. If there are special "tricks" (techniques) that require thought or foreknowlege...he cannot operate effectively. I won't give this rep any free work because at that point (being a salesman) he'll expect my labor to be free simply because the shop buys the product he reps. Uhhh...nope, there will be other reps and I can almost guarantee that they won't be as misguided as he is at his age. To finish the thought, what would cure his setup of it's ills would be, like I mentioned, a midrange up in the a pillar, slight repositioning of his tweeters and the forementioned midrange, an active crossover setup, a better EQ (not in the source unit), and some time alignment.

Now, the moment my I am content with my setup...this means I loose. I cannot afford complacency. I am always looking to improve through whatever means don't break the IASCA SQ rules. The difference between myself and the drunk rep is that I am looking and planning beyond/outside the box so to speak...the rep isn't able to do his own work and/or has outdated ideas that I know do not work in the application he wants.

Whether you respect what I say about audio or not makes no difference to me. What I bring to the table is a good bit of experience and practical knowlege. I'll never see you in the IASCA SQ lanes and you'll never pay attention to good advice that I give. I think it's a good deal.

I'm glad to recieve the insinuation that you don't have any negative thoughts about anyone that works or is a client in your field. You must be hard pressed to cover your angelic wings up!

...yeah...

I can pretty much be assured you're a hypocrite on that last point. At least I don't hide my scorn for a drunk industry rep who could get lost trying to find his way out of a wet paper bag over his head. To reinforce my thoughts on this subject, tell me my good fellow, where did you see me complain about any other clients on this post?

Yes, I do rail on some of the competitors for sloppy work. Taln will attest to that, I railed on Car Toys in general when one of his good friends works for the company. A lot of times clients like to shop the competition and then end up coming back because they got screwed, either by faulty equipment or a very suspect install. Guess what? I CAN rail on it because I see the end results coming to me.

Last edited by sqcomp; 04-18-2009 at 09:25 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote