Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #37
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Drives: 5-door meteorite metallic
The bi-xenon hids are pretty good :)
808_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #38
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
The bi xenons let you keep your hi beams? Is that correct? I don't know much about HID. I just never bothered with them because most kits don't have the hi beam function, and I need that to pass inspection.

Here's two updated pics of my car. Give me a wave if you see me on the road!

I plan on getting rid of the orange reflectors soon (baking)!

UPDATE: and my TWM flat black shift knob came in from canada. Compliments my flat black painted center console perfectly!

Last edited by PETERPOOP; 02-18-2009 at 08:30 PM.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #39
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Yeah bi-xenon's let you keep your hi-beams. The other kits that they sell usually have the hid low and halogen high. It's nice to see someone from hawaii adding stuff to their car ;)
Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #40
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Oh i didn't post up my hids or any pictures for that matter so here's some pics.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #41
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_Yaris View Post
Yeah bi-xenon's let you keep your hi-beams. The other kits that they sell usually have the hid low and halogen high. It's nice to see someone from hawaii adding stuff to their car ;)

Buddy, I was just thinking the same about you guys. All i did was go on this site and see what people have done to their yaris. I'm like "Whoa! Didn't know you could make a yaris look actually somewhat decent." So I started to mod mine. Doing things like bringing coilovers/exhaust over from japan (JDM) and feeling like I am going overboard because the only yaris owners in hawaii are middle aged people,senior citizens, and young girls who think the car looks cute! But now, seeing you and a couple other guys modding their yaris, it's making me feel a little bit better! I've only had the car since July and I've done all this stuff to it already. And there are no plans to stop!

*What kit exactly do you have? Was it plug and play? Or was there splicing recquired? So yah, what kit you using for the headlights AND fogs?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #42
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Yeah same here, Modding all the way!! The only thing I'm not that happy with was my hids. For my scion 5000k was a crystal white which was bought from the scion forums. The hids bought from yaris forums, also 5000k has a slight tint of yellow, but when looking at the car as a whole, the light is white. I guess that different hids varies in color...but its ok :)
Old 02-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #43
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

The kit i bought is from xenon-vision bought on the forums. The headlights was plug and play. I bought the H11 headlights 5000k too and the hookup was a little different. Took me one hour to figure out the wiring for the foglights X_X
Old 02-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #44
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Very nice Peterpoop! Painting the bottom makes it look like the RS model. Now you just
gotta paint the foglight housing white! By the way, do you drive without the front plates?
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:01 AM   #45
PETERPOOP

Hey thanks. Yah I gotta get around to painting the fog housings white to match the car. I'm also planning on getting the micro image mesh grill. The grill's frame thingy can be painted also. So I plan on painting that white one day too. However, i'll probably hold out on painting those two things until I find a lip kit. If the lip kit needs to be repainted white, i'll paint the fog light housing and grill frame at the same time!

And yes, I do drive with no front plates. I live on the northshore and the cops don't care about that. The farthest I drive with the Yaris is to pearlcity. I mostly just journey to mililani. I don't see much cops in mililani town, but I do see them on the freeway on the way there. They see me with no license plate, but they haven't pulled me over yet. I AM chancing it big time. That's why I want to stay away from HIDs. Because i have a feeling cops look at a car with HIDs before a car that doesn't have. No need to draw more attention from cops! I will need to put the license plate on when I get my safety inspection in a year or two.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #46
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

hids are more common now and as long as you have the right color temperature, the cops shouldn't bother you. since my hids are just white without the blue tint, it should be ok :) i had a nice talk with the recon guy when i had my scion and he said he'll pass the hids with some exceptions.

*UPDATE* My air runners should be arriving anytime soon from japan (2-3 weeks ughhh..)
Old 02-19-2009, 02:38 AM   #47
PETERPOOP

Ah I see. That's lame they'd even want you to have recon for HIDs.

Don't worry, your stuff will come sooner than you know it. I had my coilovers and axleback shipped via freight from japan. That was the worst!

Do you have an appointment set up with a shop to install them once they arrive to your place?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:46 AM   #48
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Recon for Hids are recommended, just to be safe from the cops. I've been running my hids since december and no problems with cops or anyone since then.

How long did it take for you axleback to come from japan? Did you order from bulletproof?

The shop will call me when it comes in, then it'll take an estimated three days for the installation.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:49 AM   #49
PETERPOOP

3 days for installation!? Oh man. You got another DD?

My axleback and coilovers took about 6 months. My friend's uncle lives in japan and got the stuff for me. The scene in japan is huge. You can go to local tuning shops and pick up "used" stuff for a good price. The japanese are crazy. They will buy an axleback,coilover, etc... and use it for 6 months, then sell it! My coilovers were used for about 800$ and my blitz axleback exhaust was brandnew for like 250$. Shipping via freight for both items was about 250$. But you can't beat the price for JDM baby!

Anyways, my same friend might be going to japan next month. I might try and have him get me a set of JDM headlights (no orange reflector)!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:54 AM   #50
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

DD? three days for installation was pushing it for them because they said it actually only takes a day. But they have to test the lines and make sure that everything is running ok since they do warranty the parts.

Wow thats a looooong time for shipping lol. its good to know people that go to japan! i'm thinking about going there sometime soon this year to check out some stuff out and go on vacation.

I heard there was a trd supercharger up there, you know anything about that?
Old 02-19-2009, 03:03 AM   #51
PETERPOOP

Well I believe it's for the 1.8 engine only.

DD: Daily Driver.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:05 AM   #52
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

i see. i used to have my scion tc, and toyota tacoma (work truck). But now i'm only left with my yaris hahaha.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:06 AM   #53
PETERPOOP

What are you going to do while your car is being worked on?

What do you do for work if you don't mind me asking. I work construction.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:10 AM   #54
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

plumb the pipes. I usually drive the company vehicle. is your car a DD?