Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
RIP Paul Walker

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...eport-20133011
Old 11-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
OMG, how tragic. My heart goes out to his family, and others close to him. I don't like being a passenger. This is one of the primary reasons why I feel that way.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
shinlee

Drives: 07 liftback
I heard rumor that he died yesterday, and that turned out to be a hoax, and then this happens the very next die...kinda freaky. But for his family and him, that sucks...
Old 12-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinlee View Post
I heard rumor that he died yesterday, and that turned out to be a hoax, and then this happens the very next day
I wouldn't be surprised if that was a rumor so people will stop posting up fake celebrity deaths like jackie chan and morgan freemen I see once a month
Old 12-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
jRoss

Drives: 2010 5spd sedan
This is real. Unfortunate, he was one of the few actors I actually liked. Race in peace Paul Walker! :/
jRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
He will be sorely missed. His acting prowess wasn't pure gold, but he was definitely entertaining to watch for sure. He was very active in the charity community and it is tragic especially with the way that he and the other occupant passed from this life to the next.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
I heard during one of the announcements that he was in the middle of filming the seventh Fast and Furious film. It will be interesting to see what the producers do going forward on that project.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #8
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
R.I.P

Very unfortunate to hear him go so soon. What originally sparked my interest in cars was all because of F&F. His passing is definitely a sad day for the car community.

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:29 AM   #9
nookandcrannycar

A picture of his daughter's Twitter post was included within the body of several stories. That post 'put a lump in my throat'. I hope he has his financial affairs set up properly, and that his daughter benefits appropriately and over time..not all at once. It sounds as though he had a very capable financial advisor....problem being the financial advisor was the person driving the Porsche, and he died as well. I imagine his attorney thought of that in advance. I guess if you let someone drive you somewhere, it's hard to do better than a friend you trust with your money, who drives (along with you) for the team that he owns.

Freestylin, thank you for including that picture. The quote across the middle of it (IMO) reminds us to celebrate his life, the pleasure he brought to people who love to drive (who could be safe in their theater seats or on the sofa at home, and get at least some of that rush via what they saw on screen and heard through the sound system)....and to remember all of that instead of being too sad beyond the moment.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
catliektheif

Drives: 2010 5 Door
http://lacedlifestyle.bigcartel.com/...uster-stickers

bought one of these,

they've already raised over $15k to go to the ROWW charity he set up. theres also a meet this friday in maryland in honor of him where they will also collect donations for the same charity.

really cool to see people come together

RIP
Old 12-03-2013, 02:27 AM   #11
bebeelo
ThatYarisGuy

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2012 SE
Tyrese is probably going to make an album of paul walker.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #12
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeelo View Post
Tyrese is probably going to make an album of paul walker.
Someone recorded Tyrese's entire visit to the crash site (including putting his flower with the others) and inserted the video (IIRC) in an article on Yahoo! One could tell he was barely keeping his composure.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #13
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
A picture of his daughter's Twitter post was included within the body of several stories. That post 'put a lump in my throat'. I hope he has his financial affairs set up properly, and that his daughter benefits appropriately and over time..not all at once. It sounds as though he had a very capable financial advisor....problem being the financial advisor was the person driving the Porsche, and he died as well. I imagine his attorney thought of that in advance. I guess if you let someone drive you somewhere, it's hard to do better than a friend you trust with your money, who drives (along with you) for the team that he owns.

Freestylin, thank you for including that picture. The quote across the middle of it (IMO) reminds us to celebrate his life, the pleasure he brought to people who love to drive (who could be safe in their theater seats or on the sofa at home, and get at least some of that rush via what they saw on screen and heard through the sound system)....and to remember all of that instead of being too sad beyond the moment.
Reps for Paul Walker announced that numerous profiles on different social media platforms claiming to be Meadow (and creating posts) aren't legitimate. That Meadow is not active on any social media platforms. How sad that people are creating these fakes, being emotionally manipulative, and convincing enough to hoodwink mainstream media outlets into including pictures of these posts within what is being reported.