Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
tyrone_yaris

Drives: Toyota Vitz 2007 facelift
Stuck knob!

Hi,

The second knob (with the AC button in the middle and the vents direction) on my Yaris 2007 panel seems to be stuck. I cannot turn it round to change the direction of the vents and I'm scared to open up the panel for fear of breaking any clips.

What could be causing it not to turn fully towards the heater options.

Thanks for any help in advance

Tyrone
tyrone_yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The cable may be stuck or the blower door that gets flipped by the cable may be stuck. Remove the lower passenger glove box to get at the blower door (which is right above the cabin filter). For getting at the back of the knob, pull off the two vertical pieces on the sides of the radio and then pull the AC control panel off.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
tyrone_yaris

Drives: Toyota Vitz 2007 facelift
Thanks CTScott. Will check that out.
tyrone_yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I had a similar problem with my temp control knob, after taking the console apart, could not find anything wrong, but it turned out I need to twist the knob just a little harder to get past a kind of "hump" at the mid-way point. Of course if you try this and it does not budge, don't force too hard for fear of breaking something!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote