Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #1
Becci

Drives: Yaris Icon Plus 2014
Audio off whilst using ipod nano problem via USB

Hi, this problem may have been mentioned before but i currently have a 2014 icon plus. The ipod sound isn't great with the aux in cable so i prefer to use the usb connection instead. However it seems whilst driving if the ipod reaches full charge it turns the stereo off completely and Audio off is displayed. When i switch the system on if takes a minute for the ipod to register again. And when it does it starts from the beginning of the play list. Its not a huge problem but it very annoying. I know i should just use the aux in but the sound quality is poor. I cant seem to rectify this problem. Looked thru the settings for both the stereo and ipod. And nothing. If i use my iphone 5 via bluetooth the stereo doesnt turn off at any time and i dont have a problem at all. Can any one help?
Becci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
MaxH
I've made a post!

Drives: 2012
I got the same problem, quite annoying. Also with a nano ipod. I've tried different cables with no luck. I got a 3rd Gen nano, what's yours?
MaxH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:31 AM   #3
Becci

Hi, yes that is the same as mine. Ill have to try getting a new ipod as last resort, bet its a shame as apart from this annoying thing with the car theres nothing wrong with it.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
ipods with lightning port will surely not work as apple have moved from analog line out from the 30pin dock connector to digital..
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #5
Becci

Hi 3rd gen ipod are usb cable with 30 pin. Which does fit in the usb slot. New ipods will work with the car as they can be used via bluetooth and usb in same way.