Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-24-2007, 02:23 AM   #1
davembfan

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Weird door locking problem, electrical?

My car is acting weird all of the sudden. I have power locks. When I take the key out and open the door and try to lock it it just locks then immediately unlocks, as if i had the key in. I have to go to the passenger door to lock it, then the main one works after that. Also when i shut the car off and dont have the door open, usually the dome light cuts on, which it does but the it will shut off, then come back on over and over. Also if i shut the car off and open the door the cd player stays on? anyone else ever have any of these problems?
davembfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:26 AM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
This is why I don't like power options. problems
Old 06-24-2007, 05:22 AM   #3
Edd

Drives: None
There are plenty of problems with computers and the internet, yet you're reading this forum right now. Somehow I don't think your post really helps the OP. Besides, plenty of problems can occur with mechanical systems (though they are easier to detect).
OP, your best bet is to take the car to the dealership and explain it to them.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:43 AM   #4
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
If I open my car with remote but don't enter the car, after a few minuit's, the car will re-lock itself. Which seems like a good safty measure in cause the car gets accidently opened with the remote.

Also, I'm able to eject my CD from the player with engine off (but not acutaly play them), which is also usefull when you have to go back to the car cause you forgot your CD.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Were the remote locks a factory option, dealer installed option, or did you have it installed elsewhere? If elsewhere go to them they screwed up, otherwise go to the dealer.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
There are plenty of problems with computers and the internet, yet you're reading this forum right now. Somehow I don't think your post really helps the OP. Besides, plenty of problems can occur with mechanical systems (though they are easier to detect).
OP, your best bet is to take the car to the dealership and explain it to them.
every car I ever owned with power locks/windows had quirky problems or failed and actuators had to be replaced, reason I shopped for one without

I HATE power options such as these, maybe I'm not here to help this time, maybe I'm just here to drop a snotty comment
Old 06-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
every car I ever owned with power locks/windows had quirky problems or failed and actuators had to be replaced, reason I shopped for one without

I HATE power options such as these, maybe I'm not here to help this time, maybe I'm just here to drop a snotty comment
True for older models, but I believe power windows on newer cars are more reliable then the wind-up. I'm basing that assumption on Honda's and Toyota's, it's been ages since I've owned an American car. I totally hated the piece of shit wind-up windows on my old 98 Civic which was constantly braking on me or coming off it's track. For Windows, Power is the way to go.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:49 AM   #8
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by davembfan View Post
My car is acting weird all of the sudden. I have power locks. When I take the key out and open the door and try to lock it it just locks then immediately unlocks, as if i had the key in. I have to go to the passenger door to lock it, then the main one works after that. Also when i shut the car off and dont have the door open, usually the dome light cuts on, which it does but the it will shut off, then come back on over and over. Also if i shut the car off and open the door the cd player stays on? anyone else ever have any of these problems?
ok ignore the CD player thing, thats suppose to work that way...

so that leaves us with the power door lock problem, are you saying you unlock the door with the key, open the door, then lock it from inside then close the door, and it unlocks???

maybe the battery in your key fob is dying?

have you searched the owners manual, maybe you did something that can be reset?
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #9
Edd

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
are you saying you unlock the door with the key, open the door, then lock it from inside then close the door, and it unlocks???
If this is the case, then the car unlocking itself is normal. This situation allows you to lock the keys in your car by mistake, because if you locked it with the door shut, you'd either be inside the car, or outside - in which case you'd be holding the key.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #10
bender

Drives: 2007 5 door hatch
I had the same problem with mine, it was driving me nuts but I found out the cause. If you leave certain devices plugged into your power outlet then your dome light, radio, and door locks will act funny when you shut it off. I know it sounds crazy but its true, in my case it was a power inverter I had left plugged in. I even plugged it back in and tried it again to make sure it was the problem, and it was. I hope this may help someone else out. BENDER
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #11
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post

Maybe you don't know how to treat a car. I have owned several vehicles and all of them had power locks, factory and aftermarket, and I have never had any problems.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #12
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Maybe you don't know how to treat a car. I have owned several vehicles and all of them had power locks, factory and aftermarket, and I have never had any problems.
Maybe you got lucky? By the way you responded to someone who hasn't posted in 2 years, almost exactly to the day.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #13
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
Maybe you got lucky? By the way you responded to someone who hasn't posted in 2 years, almost exactly to the day.
LMAO...i think bender is responsible for resurecting the dead thread (he is a noob after all, no offense) and mr. hickman is guilty of quickly responding to what he saw w/o looking at dates lolol...
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #14
bender

Drives: 2007 5 door hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
LMAO...i think bender is responsible for resurecting the dead thread (he is a noob after all, no offense) and mr. hickman is guilty of quickly responding to what he saw w/o looking at dates lolol...
Yeah I was well aware of the date of the last post but I thought I would post the solution for anyone else who found it like I did when searching. Being a "NOOB" I guess I thought these forums were a place for poeple to help each other out, I guess they are just a place for people to respond with useless posts to piss off others who are looking for help. BENDER
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #15
b_hickman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
I post almost everyday so how is that turned in to every 2 years.......DB
Old 09-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #16
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
I think hes referring to how old the last response was, before yours. Which is pretty old.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #17
b_hickman11

15 hours is old??
Old 09-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #18
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Aye Carumba. You quoted and responded to brickhardmeat. If you "find more posts" by him, he hasn't posted since 10-01-2007, which is exactly 2 years from tomorrow.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote