Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
Even more supercharger problems

Hey everyone. I am having a ton of problems with my blitz supercharger.
I am running a welded pulley due to the solenoid being bad btw.

Later my belt has been slipping really bad, I was running the micro image light pulley for a while but thought it was making the belt slip so I swapped it to the stock one.
I've got a good belt, it's the gates 8 rib one I cut in half.
So the stock pulley back on, I try to start it, works great for a little bit until I sheer the pin in half.

I got a replacement but now it's only a matter of time before that one breaks as well.
I have been looking on the forum for an answer, and it seems I should get a stronger pin, but I don't know where to get one, I've searched everywhere for one with no results.
And now my mechanic friend tells me if I get a stronger pin I run the risk of ruining the crank.

I'm at my wits end with this damn thing. I'm almost tempted to rip it off the car and sell it.

I've completely wasted almost twice the amount I've even paid for it, just to get it working, and it's still not working.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Others have run fixed pulleys, so what you are doing is really the same. I suspect that all others who have done so have had significant belt slippage to not be shearing the pins as you have been doing. Based on the amount of belt dust that I constantly find one the sides of my pulleys I think that with the clutched pulley that I have some amount of slippage as well.

I don't recall who, as it was quite a long time ago, but someone else with a fixed pulley kept shearing OEM pins and switched without issue to a rolled steel dowel pin. I would expect that small of a pin to still shear before the crank or its bolt snaps.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #3
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
I wonder if a pulley from a 1ZZ or 2ZZ would fit the 1NZ crank. I know they're the full 8 ribs wide. You also need to change the rest of the pulleys but it would most likely solve all slipping issues.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I have both in stock, easy to check the ID
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Do you by chance have any pics or measurements of the end of the shaft? I'm researching some OEM replacement options for the 4-rib clutch--direct from Ogura. They have four different 6-rib designs listed on their website, but I'm not sure what the interface between the 4-rib clutch and the S/C shaft is. Could you share pics or measurements?

http://www.ogura-clutch.com/products...egory=1&sort=8
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
Jrengelt

Drives: Yaris Sport 2NZ-FE
Hi everyone,

I'm new here..... i need your help ... i want to buy a Blitz Supercharger for my yaris but the people who are selling me the product have one for a Yaris 1NZFE 1.5L . I was wondering if this supercharger will fit to my car?, I have the 2NZ-FE is a 1.3 L (1298 cc) version built in Japan.

They said it will fit "only" if the intake manifolds are the same....
Really i don't if they are the same??

Please somebody knows this??

Thank you so much for all your help.

Regards.

JC
Jrengelt is offline   Reply With Quote