Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
JSCIII

Drives: Yaris Hatchback 3 Door USA Ver
Trunk Light Off

Hello folks!!

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post

I recently bought a Yaris 08 after a devastating crash with my 98 Corolla but unfortunately I've found a lot of stuff wrong my Yaris and now I need to start repairing one at a time

Anyways! I'm trying to fix the trunk light as I've changed the light bulb housing and the bulb itself without success, does anyone have a fuse box diagram for a 3dr vitz 08'? :) also if anyone has a full diagram of the connection between the bulb and the central system I'd appreciate it! So far I've checked if the computer detects if I open the door and it does, the problem is that it doesn't light up the trunk bulb 😕

Thank you!!
JSCIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:33 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I have the wiring diagrams for the Vitz, but only in Japanese and on paper which makes it a bit more of a hassle.

For the trunk light though there is a switch within the latch that grounds the wire from the latch to the bulb to complete the connection when the trunk is open. If you have +12 on the other wire, then you need to check for continuity between the bulb's ground wire and chassis ground and work your way to the latch.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:55 AM   #3
JSCIII

Drives: Yaris Hatchback 3 Door USA Ver
You're on fire Scott �� I always see your name on different posts I've visited! It's awesome to have such a Yaris fan amongst us.

Ok so I'm checking the trunk wires and have an orange and a white cable, which one is the ground and which one is the bulbs ground? ��
JSCIII is offline   Reply With Quote