Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-27-2017, 07:19 AM   #19
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
i was a man about it.
i used a hole saw and made my own gauge pod from model putty.
i plan to cut a larger, 6.5" hole next to it and mount a larger tach and put a temp gauge in the 3"
That looks clean! I'm going to be doing a retrofit to get a gauge cluster from another car to mate to a spare glove box lid I picked up. Just not high on the list of things to do so won't be for a while.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #20
ABSPLASTIC

Drives: Twin-charged rotary V8 w/nos
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeroyuy01195 View Post
lol is this aimed at anyone in particular?
I must have gotten lost with the context above lol.
ABSPLASTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #21
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSPLASTIC View Post
I must have gotten lost with the context above lol.
I gottcha, in short, going to retrofit a gauge cluster from another car into the Yaris dash on the driver's side to get a few gauges I think the car should have came with from the factory. Want it to look OEM though vs. the TRD pod that looks like someone just slapped something on the glove box as an afterthought...which it kinda is...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabuu View Post
Thank you.

Every thread I've seen you post, you always complain about how expensive an item is. I personally don't think you should be modifying a car.

Go finish college.
I kinda get where he's coming from. I got my Yaris as a daily driver back in 06' after a lady crashed into my MR2 while she was trying to light a cigarette; needed something reliable to drive while I slowly fixed the two. I was in college like he is now and had no spare income but I can't leave things alone so I started modding the Yaris. I just worked as many jobs as I could during those early times and waited until I could afford what I wanted. 11 years later and I finally have a stable job and I can start doing the more expensive plans for the Yaris and the MR2. I won't say he shouldn't mod his car, but he should be smart about the mods he does as not to waste what little money a "poor college student" has.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:34 PM   #22
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
you must be kidding me right ??? RIGHT !!???

Quote:
Thank you.

Every thread I've seen you post, you always complain about how expensive an item is. I personally don't think you should be modifying a car.

Go finish college.
it's your kind of people and your negativity that kills the car world... I'm more of a DIY guy...... that's why I find everything expensive...because doing it yourself is WAY CHEAPER....

-and I said it's expensive BECAUSE IT'S A DAMN PIECE OF PLASTIC.....-

I never said anything about my 306$ Smoked JDM tail lights.... in fact... that was a deal....

I'm the kind of guy who is generally cool about other people toughts.... and 98% of the time DGAF...but WHO TF do you think you are for saying I shouldn't touch my car because I find everything expensive... ??? stop drugs m8.... I'm the most generous guy in the universe... and saying I'm greedy.. is like the worst insult you could say to me...

trust me ...if I had everything I needed aka. : 3D Printer ... trust me, this TRD cluster, everyone would have one on YarisWorld because of me... and probably for free.... (shipping's yours because ... you know... ) but I DON'T have that... and that's sad... I may find another way to obtain it..

////////////

also SirDigby THIS is what I'm talking about.... something CUSTOM... I'm sorry if it wasn't clear for other people.... may I ask you where you found that gauge and with what you mounted it exactly ?? I might do the same, or similar... but RPM to the left for me.. not the right as you did :)
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:52 PM   #23
ABSPLASTIC

Drives: Twin-charged rotary V8 w/nos
^^
I'll start a gofund me account for you just so that everyone that wants a cluster can have one LOL

Joking aside, I don't care if people make fun of me, mock me, tell me what I should do/shouldn't do with my car. It's my car.

Yeah, I rock a rice rocket, wassup.
ABSPLASTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:32 AM   #24
Dabuu
Radical Dreamer

Drives: spiritedly.
lol okay "do it yourselfer."
Old 06-28-2017, 08:38 AM   #25
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSPLASTIC View Post
^^
I'll start a gofund me account for you just so that everyone that wants a cluster can have one LOL

Joking aside, I don't care if people make fun of me, mock me, tell me what I should do/shouldn't do with my car. It's my car.

Yeah, I rock a rice rocket, wassup.
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:16 AM   #26
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
Quote:
Nice SirDigby, I would've went with a larger tach from the get go. Can't wait to see the next ones!
it was right when i bought the car. i knew i would put a coolant gauge and/or oil pressure gauge in, and i wasn't sure how i wanted things to look, so i bought a small one and put it where i knew a gauge would always be. since then i've bought other stuff and put off the gauge because i had one. but it's getting close to upgrading...
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote