Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
Classifieds Suggestion

This is a suggestion regarding dealings between members here. I put this out there in light of what recently happend/is happening to Nutzoid.

I suggest we implement a policy similar to what is on another forum I frequent. Here are the links to their classifieds guidelines/rules.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Granted, some of the stuff listed in those rules/faQs/guidelines are only applicable to comptuer stuff. I think that we can modify these rules (which are fair by all means) and apply them to this forum. I would hate to see trading/vending fall away from this site due to one incident. I also believe that it is possible we see an increase in trading/vending after implementing these rules because people will feel more confident in their transactions.
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueYaris View Post
This is a suggestion regarding dealings between members here. I put this out there in light of what recently happend/is happening to Nutzoid.

I suggest we implement a policy similar to what is on another forum I frequent. Here are the links to their classifieds guidelines/rules.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Granted, some of the stuff listed in those rules/faQs/guidelines are only applicable to comptuer stuff. I think that we can modify these rules (which are fair by all means) and apply them to this forum. I would hate to see trading/vending fall away from this site due to one incident. I also believe that it is possible we see an increase in trading/vending after implementing these rules because people will feel more confident in their transactions.
Thanks for being proactive... generally I like them!

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
RogueYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
Thanks for being proactive... generally I like them!

I'm generally not one to point fingers, sit on my ass and do nothing about what I see as a problem. The current system is entirely too lax when it comes to transactions between members and between members and vendors. I think there should be a good bit of discussion about this, just kind of surprised you've been the only one to chime in on this as of yet.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
YarisBueller
Administrator

THose links wont display for non-registered members, what are they, a set of rules? is it possible to cut and paste their text here?
YarisBueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
RogueYaris

Effective 7/17/05

We have eliminated the use of Gmail and every other generic e-mail in OCforum Classified user's profiles. We will be allowing ISP e-mails, .edu and .gov only. Anyone that does not update their profile to one of those will not be using the classifieds. The users can hide their E-mails in their profiles so it is visible to the Staff only.

We are giving you 30 days from today to update your e-mails on file. If for some reason you are unable to use a ISP based e-mail, .Edu or .Gov, please contact Lutawicasa or myself and we will see if your circumstance is reason enough to make an exception.

Reasons such as these below will result in us telling you NO, an exception will not be made:
My parents won't allow me
Does this rule apply to me, I've been here for a long time
I own my own domain, can I use that e-mail
We will possibly allow exceptions based on situations like these:
I am abroad and my situation is unique
My school does not use a .Edu, we use a .com or .net
A member is on the road and has no static ISP

Unbelievably I am still finding people that have ignored this policy, effective immediately No warnings to *anyone will be given, and they will be removed from the classifieds, if they comply they will not be reinstated for a minimum of 90 days FROM THE TIME THEY COMPLY. If it is a new member we reserve the right to give them a 24 hour window to get with the program. *(A new user is a member here for 30 days or less)

FROM THE CLASSIFIED FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTION SECTION
Old 06-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #6
RogueYaris

Classifieds FAQs and Guidelines
All major Classifieds rules not included in the announcement are in this thread, questions may be sent to any of the four Classifieds mods, or posted in Classifieds Comments and Suggestions. Anything in this thread can be fully enforced as a rule at any time. All rules are subject to change without notice.

Verification
-----------------------------

The Classifieds mods (Mr.B, Lutawicasa, JoT, and SilverSinkSam) Verify all NEW seller's merchandise, we start the process with -PM sent for item verification-

Once we are satisfied the seller has the merchandise we edit the post to read -Item verified- or -Seller verified-

You can take a digital Pic, use a Scanner, take a regular photo and bring it to a copy center and for a dollar they will digitize it for you; a coin or something with your name and OCForums on it is required in the picture. Sometimes we will offer the option of calling the seller on the phone and getting thier Phone number, Address and then compare it to known Troll hotsheets we use. (This personal information is not shared, and remains in a 1024 bit encrypted database)

The whole point of putting something unique in the picture with the item is so we know that person has that particular object in their possession, and didn't just grab a picture off of newegg or something.

The best thing to do is handwrite your OC name and "OC-Forums" on something (piece of paper, old cd...). That sounds pretty simple, and is excellent to verify that the member actually has the item and that it looks like it does in the pic.

You can cross reference the SOLD section (I suggest you use the Search>Sellers name>SOLD)

For seller or buyers' Trading history, I strongly recommend you sign up for Heatware, and link it in your SIG.

Overclockers.com cooperates with Law enforcement and we take Trolls a little more seriously than most Forums.....If you're a Troll, you're definitely in the Wrong forum to be scamming people.

The Mods and Admins also work with Other Forums like Trollhunters.com and PCA to share data.(ALL INFORMATION USED IN VERIFICATION IS NOT SHARED WITH ANYONE)

Regarding "Pending"

If you have an Item for sale or in the wanted and we see 'PENDING', the item gets moved to SOLD. Period.

If it's not Sold let us know and we'll move it back.

The mods have become tired of dealing with people never updating their ads, even when people are still inquiring about them.

Enough is enough, its bad enough people don't update their listing and we will be dealing with that; people that sell an item and do not post the item(s) as Sold will be terminated from the Classifieds on a case by case basis.

Trading Guidelines and Tips

ALL ITEMS BEING SOLD MUST BE READY TO SHIP ONCE PAYMENT IS MADE
The penalty for violating this rule MAY result in loss of Classifieds privileges

1: Be honest, be honest, be honest. Enhance this with total clarity and be sure the other trader(s) have the same understanding of a deal’s particulars.

2: Clearly represent your exact product or offering, be sure to include any cosmetic or functional problems. Check your thread for responses frequently or let others know how best to contact you.

3: Make sure any item you ship is well packaged and preferably use a shipping means which carries insurance and tracking. Some shipping tips:

a - Always use order confirmation when sending via USPS. For any item sent via Priority Mail it is only .40 cents. That way you can always see when the item has been delivered. Include a card of some sort listing the sender’s and recipient’s address information INSIDE the package

b - Use anti-static packaging to contain any sensitive computer parts.

c - When sending breakable items, use plenty of good padding on each side.

d - Use block caps in addresses, avoid punctuation, and leave 2 spaces between state and zip code. Use a ZIP+4 code whenever possible. USPS

4: There are NO excuses for being late or unable to fulfill a deal. Occasionally, there might be a legitimate REASON, but never an excuse.

5: Always honor your word.

6: Post a price for the item(s) you may be selling. This is not an auction site! Further, should someone meet your asking price or trade offer, you are obliged to make the deal and not quibble for more.

7: Promptly communicate with the other party at the different stages of the deal, i.e. when the money is received, when you ship the package, and a follow-up email to see if the trade is satisfactory. IT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA to use the same email by just replying each time. Be sure to identify yourself from the start with your Username, and your real name. This avoids a lot of confusion.

Trader References

8: Trader references for many can be found at Heatware Check to see if the person you are trading with is listed and read any feedback. In addition to the HeatWare ratings check you should ask for references, use the search>classifieds>SOLD to check other posts by the trader, check with other reputable traders for additional info. Trust your gut instinct on close calls. Once you complete a trade, add your feedback to HeatWare and post a comment in the Sold section so others might benefit from your experience. Post the bad as well as the good!

9: Get a phone number, and talk to them over the phone (if needed). It’s a lot harder to be taken advantage of when you have their phone number, and it also makes it easier to find a person that violates.

10: Please, update your thread when an item is gone and state to whom it went.

11: Stick to the terms of the Deal!!!!! Avoid becoming a trader that gets involved in misunderstandings. Don’t try to do so many trades that you cannot give proper attention to each deal.

12: Make a printed copy of the deal and save it until the transaction is complete. This will prevent confusion and prevent the problem of lost information due to a crashed system.

13: If there’s no legitimate email in your profile, your credibility suffers from the start.

14: If you’re going put up a WTB thread, be prepared to pay a little more.

15: If you make an offer of goods or cash, be positive you will be able to deliver same in a timely manner within the framework of the deal. Postponed delivery of any cash or goods should be arranged on the frontside of the deal, not after one party has shipped!

16: Try to conduct yourselves as gentlemen and ladies here. If you have no interest in purchasing an item someone is selling, do not interfere with the sale by posting ridicule or derogatory remarks.

17: In line with the above, TRY VERY HARD to resolve any issues relevant to your trades away from this board and preferably by PM or email. Occasionally, things can happen beyond one’s control which might cause suspicion or misunderstanding. Please don’t have an itchy finger when you suspect a misdeed. Make every effort to resolve the issue by confidential communications before decrying the situation publicly!! Misunderstandings posted on the board can cause undeserved damage to BOTH traders’ credibility.

18: MARK YOUR ITEM WITH A BLACK LIGHT PEN, This will alleviate any switching from a dishonest buyer swapping your functional item with thier DEAD item thats the same. http://www.alltronics.com/Light_Sources.htm

19. *No Dealers are allowed / No commercial ads

*Vendors that are advertisers at this site may use the Classifieds.

Classifieds Etiquette

If you are a seller please abide by the following rules:

1. Only post your item for sale once. Update your post with the “edit” button if necessary. Multiple For Sale threads will be merged, and multiple infractions of this may result in a vacation from the Classifieds.
2. You must post a price, unless it’s a “Trade Only” in which case you must state your terms for a trade. All trade only items should be placed in the Wanted section.
3. Do us all a favor and say where you will ship, so we can avoid, “Will you ship to Canada, ect.”
4. When the Item sells please mark the thread as sold, and PM a Classifieds Mod. Do not delete the text in your first post, simply put SOLD at the very top. Also, please send a PM to any of the aforementioned Classifieds mods with a link to your sale, so that we can move it to Sold in a timely fashion.

If you are a buyer please abide by the following rules:

1. Call “dibs” only if you intend to pay the asking price, you can still PM offers and not call dibs.
2. If you call “dibs”, you should have money in hand, and be able to pay within 24 hours, or other terms agreed upon by both parties.
3. If a price is agreed upon by both parties the item is sold, and money should again exchange hands with in 24 hours, unless other terms were agreed upon.
4. Do not back out of a purchase, for any reason. You made the deal, now keep your word.

Regarding Dibs

If you post 'Dibs' on any item you are agreeing to buy it and must have the funds at that moment. Payment arrangements must be made within 24 hours of the seller sending you a PM or email, otherwise you lose dibs. If a buyer and seller then agree on XX period of time before payment, that's fine. But calling dibs obligates you to purchase the product and to do so in a reasonable amount of time.

If you post dibs on an item, its yours. So better be careful in the future because we are cracking down and the penalty for repetitive backing out after calling dibs is a vacation from the classifieds.

We leave it up to the seller to be honest and to sell it to the first person that posted dibs either via PM or via post, the timestamp of the PM or post delegates who gets the item. If we find out your not following this procedure as the seller, your time in the Classifieds will be short lived.

Regarding promises of pictures

The trend of folks posting and stating in PMs that they will post pics etc. at a certain time/date without following through is over.

As of now, anyone who posts or makes a statement via PM to a mod that they will do/post something at such-and-such time/date without following through will be barred from the Classifieds for no less than a month and the thread removed.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why can't we sell software or games here? I've got the box and key!
A: Because you can still easily pirate the game or use the key yourself. We do every possible thing we can to protect the buyer and seller, and allowing the sale of software would cause major problems.

Q: I have a console game I want to sell, and I'm selling the console, am I still not allowed to sell the game?
A: You are allowed to sell games when they are bundled with the console--you may NOT seperate them from the sale of the console.

Q: I just got ripped off, what do I do?
A: PM a Classifieds moderator if you believe you may have been ripped off.

Q: I don't have any way to provide a picture of my item, and I don't have and can't get a verified Paypal address, can I still sell here?
A: In most cases, no, we verify every seller. In some cases, we have some other means of verification, but these are rare.

Q: Can I list my eBay auction in the Classifieds?
A: No, and you will be banned if you do so.

Q: I live in [country], so that makes it hard to deal with U.S. Classifieds sellers, why don't we have a [country] Classifieds forum?
A: It would be unfair to make a seperate Classifieds for one country and not another. It would also be a moderating nightmare. If you want people from your country to see your ad more easily, you can put something such as: "Canadians, Radeon 9800 Pro for sale."

Q: I'm selling my entire computer, which forum do I sell it in?
A: You can sell it in Misc.

Q: I have a suggestion for the Classifieds, how do I make myself heard?
A: First, run a search in Classifieds Comments and Suggestions to see if your idea has been discussed before. If it hasn't, you can make your own thread in Comments and Suggestions. Mods frequently check this forum, and many members can answer questions.

Q: I want to auction something, can I do that?
A: No, that's what eBay is for.

Q: I have a lot of great eBay feedback, can that be used for verification?
A: No.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #7
RogueYaris

MUST READ!! Classifieds Rules!
Welcome to the www.Overclockers.com Classifieds.

We hope sincerely that you will enjoy your time here and that all your dealings will go smooth and without incident, in order to assure we ask that you adhere to the following rules and guidelines. If you have any questions regarding this please feel free to contact the Staff.

Classifieds Rules and Guidelines;

YOU MUST LIST SELLING PRICE IN AD AND ITEM FOR SALE MUST BE "IN-HAND" AND READY TO SHIP UPON RECEIPT OF PAYMENT!

We have eliminated the use of Gmail and every other generic e-mail in OCforum Classified user's profiles. We will be allowing ISP e-mails, .edu and .gov only. Anyone that does not update their profile to one of those will not be using the classifieds. The users can hide their E-mails in their profiles so it is visible to the Staff only,

Absolutely NO warez selling, discussion, trading, or posting will be allowed Violations/Violators will be dealt with accordingly. This also includes pirated software, and that of a questionable nature.

Please make sure you post in the proper topic, in order to make it easier for someone to find what they are searching for.

Posts not within the proper topic will be moved accordingly, please let’s just make sure we are posting in the proper topic to begin with.

Please do not use the Classifieds as a place to share others personal information. Such as trolls and etc. There are appropriate websites with which to deal with such things.

These rules are subject to change without notice; please make sure to stay up to date with them as best you can.

Any Ads for items for Sale or Wanted, posted in the General Forums will be deleted on sight. Anyone caught doing this a second time, will have their posting privilidges suspended for three days. If, upon return from suspension, a third infraction of this rule occurs, you will be permanantly banned from the Forums.

It is customary to conduct all price negotiating via PM (Private Messaging) or e-mail, as this will help keep the thread less cluttered. Doing this would be greatly appreciated.

At this time ONLY PC'S AND PC COMPONENTS may be sold thru the Classifieds Forum. Please do not post anything other, as it may be deleted.

NO Commercial Ads of ANY KIND! Any such ads will be deleted at once and the violator locked out of the Classifieds permanently! Links to outside Classifieds, Ebay or other "auction" sites etc. are forbidden.

Overclockers.com assumes no responsibility for any bad deals. Buy/trade/sell at your own risk!!!!

We have decided against allowing "Group Buy" type transactions, please do not post them, as thoughtful as they might be to offer others, it can easily turn into a logistical nightmare, and even a liability of sorts. sorry, but for the time being, "Group buys" are not allowed.

Absolutely NO Software Ads of ANY kind will be allowed! Any Ads containing Software for Sale/Trade/Want will be deleted on sight. Anyone posting Software Ads in the Classifieds, after previously being warned about this by the overclockers.com Staff, will be locked out of the Classifieds permanantly!

Do not edit items or price out of your initial post. Edit in any additional info, price drops, availability, etc...but the original post must otherwise remain intact.

The use of Colored Fonts in REDs and GREENs in the Classified Ad message body is reserved for Staff Use only, for Verification purposes.
The use of other Colors is allowed as long as they are not abused.

Again, if you have any questions regarding any of the above please feel free to contact the Site Staff for answers to your questions.

Warez, Crackz, and Copyrighted Material;

This is to clarify the position of this site regarding Warez information and warez sites, Crackz and information about crackz, and the posting and downloading of copyrighted material.

Overclockers prohibits the promotion of, and reference to, any program or website which contains or distributes Warez, Crackz, and pirated copyrighted material, including but not limited to music and video.

Discussion of Warez, crackz, and pirated copyrighted material is not permitted in this forum. Any offer to provide or request to receive warez, crackz, and bootleg material will be deleted without notice and the offender will be warned. A repeat offense is grounds for permanent dismissal, without recourse, from these forums.

This is a serious issue for this Forum. Allowing discussion of and, by extension condoning the distribution of, said information jeopardizes the very existence of this Forum. As such, it will not be tolerated. For the long-term future of this site, please abide by this rule.

By posting in this Forum you agree that you have read and understand the rules as set forth above. Violations will not be tolerated!

Thanks,

Overclockers.com Forum Management
Old 06-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #8
RogueYaris

I just did a cut and paste. I didn't bother editing for original color or hyperlinks.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #9
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
you know what I think is----> those are too many damn rules, if someone fucks you hopefully you can dispute the transaction like nutzoid did, all business is a little bit risky but you have to watch your own ass, you can take your chances or go another route on the purchase

spkrman got a new asshole for fucking someone on yarisworld
Old 06-03-2007, 08:12 AM   #10
YarisBueller
Administrator

These rules are certainly strict and will be in the favor of the members, but I just don't think we have the manpower to enforce these level of rules here, for me to veryify each and every classified thread would take a really long time, and I'm not even sure it would stop the real scammers from scamming. Someone can easily lie their way through a superficial Q/A about their produt and it would take a legitimate seller a long time to actually get his post online
Old 06-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #11
RogueYaris

I'm not suggesting we adopt these exact ruless. I am suggesting we do something to make it better for people to do business with each other.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
how about some kind of feedback thread for anyone who has bought anything off another member? For example, a quick rating out of 5, the item bought in question, and any comments about the whole transaction. Might be a good start, what do you guys think?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
how about some kind of feedback thread for anyone who has bought anything off another member? For example, a quick rating out of 5, the item bought in question, and any comments about the whole transaction. Might be a good start, what do you guys think?
that is an excellent idea, kinda like amazon.com

and when sellers make things right the negative feedback could be removed possibly--by the buyer who placed it

this would give an even playing field I think
Old 06-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #14
RogueYaris

something like this sounds very good. it could be placed as a sticky in the classifieds section for easy access/viewing.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #15
YarisBueller
Administrator

Yea what i'll do is add an e-bay style user rating system that will let people give postitive or negative feedback to a user based on a sale
Old 06-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #16
RogueYaris

Bueller.....Bueller....

Thanks! I definitly think it will help people feel more comfortable around here. There is also a feedback system called Heatware AKA "Heat" that could also help people. I took it upon myself to add our vendors to resellerratings.com. Once they show up on the search, I'll post the links for people that have purchased from the so far and send stuff to the vendors if they'd like to incorporate it into their websites.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #17
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Can you also include feedback threads from non Yarisworld sources? Say...Ebay????
Old 06-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #18
RogueYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Can you also include feedback threads from non Yarisworld sources? Say...Ebay????
ebay is a joke. i definitly say we don't accept it as a source of reference.