Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
Hot Ticket Toys This Holiday

So recently I got a temporary second job at Toys R Us as a seasonal just to make some extra cash and because I get to chill with toys since im such a big kid at heart lol.

Anyways, working there I've wondered what the hot ticket items this holiday were and from many of the adults asking for toys this Christmas and holiday for their children, this is what I believe to be the hot items.

1) Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 Blaster

Lots of dads have been asking for this and mothers. This is starting to become sold out in most places. It's very popular this year and I think it's probably one of the most coolest and most badass nerf guns I've ever seen / produced. It's fully automatic and shoots 25 darts. Fun stuff.

*edit*
I think this pic is so funny XD

2) Plush I-dogs

Hooks to your ipod or play music from external speakers and they light up and bob their heads to the music. These are sold out in many places and are hard to find and seem to be asked by lots of mothers. A lot of people are selling them on ebay and amazon at higher retail value.

3) EyeClops Night Vision Infrared Stealth Goggles

I've tried these and they're pretty tight. You can see in complete darkness. Another product many mothers and dads have been asking for. Supposedly this has real night vision technology in it at a very cheap price.

4)Razor Electric Scooters

This is sold out at my store. A lot of people have been asking for this. It's expensive IMO. The overall design though looks very sleek and looks much better than older editions.

5) Nintendo Wii

Again, the ninendo wii is popular this season. We had 10 yesterday and sold out today. I was like... WTF?!? lol.. but yeah.. very popular. I have one myself but hardly play. It's a kids console IMO.

6) Wall-E & Eve

These have been flying off the shelves like hotcakes. If I was a kid, I'd want one. They look really cool in person, just like the movie.. which I liked very much by the way lol. It was cute.

So these are the hot ticket items which I believe are very popular this year. If I had to add a 7th, it'd be the ipod but I don't consider that a toy / game. This are the items I've been asked for all week. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry for any spelling errors. XD

Last edited by kuyachris84; 12-17-2008 at 10:05 PM.
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
kuyachris84

I'm just giving the examples of what I think are the most popular based on what people been wanting and asking for all week at toys r us. ^^

For little kids, I'd say geotraxx toys and the leapfrog / vtech products are very popular as well.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Littlest Pet Shops toys are big with my 7 year old.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
LEGO FTW!!!!!

I used to be a huge fan of transformers and GI Joe....
I even had a castle grayskull with He-man and skeleton... haha...
Good ole days.... Sometimes I wonder those were the best days in life, no tensions, no bills, just enjoy... haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
kuyachris84

Same here, I LOVE LEGOS! he he... Although i think the creativity of legos today are weak because they involve no imagination at all. You just build whats on the box and many of the shapes are premolded for u. Back then I'd take a bunch of random legos and build the craziest things like spaceships, boats, or whatever.

Boardgame wise, Cranium Whoonu is pretty popular. And any Webkinz plushy is very popular with little children. They're these cute stuff animals... i guess? lol... cute to kids atleast.

Oh, and Littlest Pet Shop is pretty popular with the young girls. ^^

Crazy how the economy is bad but toys are flying off shelves. I talked to this one lady and she said something like you can cut back on everything else but not on the kids and that kids can't worry bout the economy, that's not something that's on their mind(s).
Old 12-17-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Yes, we have a billion WebKinz floating around here...

I'm sure she'll get a few more this Christmas.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote